View Full Version : Color question

CRASH_OVERRIDE
01-03-2003, 09:12 PM
Is there any programs or tools out there that will help you find the compliment (opposite) of a color, or the triad of a color, etc...?

cg9com
01-03-2003, 09:30 PM
.....thats a good question.
you could just file a contrast question here.
i say just keep it as opposite as possible, but still within your taste.
i cant think of a program that would do it though.

pardicity3
01-03-2003, 09:40 PM
Wait! Right after posting this, I did a search myself and found this nifty looking prog. I haven't downloaded it yet, and don't know if it will work or not, but here is the link:

http://www.nzworks.com/hexcf/index.asp

Good luck!

Hmm, that is a very good question. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head, is if you have Adobe Photoshop, you could just make a box of a color and then invert the colors....I think it is Ctrl+I. Obviously a make shift way of doing things, but it's the best I can do right now.

It does seem like there would be a program or even a website somewhere out there that would do that. If you haven't already, I would just suggest a Google search, but you probably already thought of that.

pardicity3
01-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Okay, I know I am getting a little post-happy here, but I just have to plug for this program. It is amazing. It reminds me of the color picker in Photoshop, only with more features and it doesn't take me 3 minutes to open. It will invert the color, and you can make the color more contrast or less contrast, but I haven't found anything to find a triad. Oh well, it is still useful.

Once again, here is the link: http://www.nzworks.com/hexcf/index.asp :)

CRASH_OVERRIDE
01-03-2003, 09:51 PM
Thats a nice program (definetely use it), still doesnt have any sort of color wheel type functions. Ill keep searching though (need colors for web site;) )

pardicity3
01-04-2003, 01:50 AM
Hmm, just thought about this, but have you been to Visibone's Colorlab yet? They have a nifty deal but they only deal with websafe colors, and I am not sure what kind of colors you are looking at. Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.visibone.com/colorlab/

cg9com
01-04-2003, 05:32 AM
just a quick note, you can better manipulate contrast of borders with the CSS2 outline attribute.

outline-color:invert;

this will perform a color inversion on the pixels on the screen.
regardless of color background this will stay on contrast. heh

CRASH_OVERRIDE
01-04-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by cg9com
just a quick note, you can better manipulate contrast of borders with the CSS2 outline attribute.

outline-color:invert;

this will perform a color inversion on the pixels on the screen.
regardless of color background this will stay on contrast. heh

What do you use as a reference? Ive never even heard of that:confused: .(not saying it doesnt work)

cg9com
01-06-2003, 02:27 AM
did it not work? :D

CRASH_OVERRIDE
01-06-2003, 04:28 PM
Not in IE6, is it Moz only?

cg9com
01-06-2003, 06:26 PM
not sure, ive never tried it someone else told me about it.
outline shorthand like border. css2

Catman
01-06-2003, 06:30 PM
I believe no browser supports outline yet.

jkd
01-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Catman
I believe no browser supports outline yet.

Opera 6 and 7 do.

Mozilla does, but only through the vendor-specific extension, -moz-outline, because it still has a few issues with drawing non-solid outlines.

cg9com
01-06-2003, 07:26 PM
aah i knew i wasnt crazy ;)
i remember outline being part of the css2 specifications...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum