View Full Version : bullets in ie

latemodern
09-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi,

I am noticing a quirk of ie6 and ie7 that doesn't occur in Firefox. The bullet on my <ul><li>'s are appearing on the last line of the <li> when the text spans more than one line. Anybody know how to fix this? I have attached a gif to demonstrate the problem.

Thanks!

Jutlander
09-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Post your code. We can't look at your code through an image. ;)

latemodern
09-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Ok. sorry. thought it might have been a common problem:

<ul>
<li>No other commonly prescribed ONS brand contains more calories, protein and carbohydrate per serving*</li>
<li>It provides 100% RNI of essential vitamins in just two servings*<sup>1</sup></li>
<li>Complan Shake was rated more pleasant to taste than other prescribable supplements in taste tests<sup>2</sup></li>
<li>It is half the price per serving of other commonly prescribed ONS brands<sup>3</sup></li>
</ul>

CSS from firebug inspection:

#main ul li {shake1.css (line 106)
margin-left:30px;
width:450px;
}
* {shake1.css (line 1)
border:0pt none;
margin:0pt;
padding:0pt;
}
Inherited fromdiv#main
#main {shake1.css (line 92)
font-size:1.2em;
line-height:1.5em;
}
Inherited frombody
body {shake1.css (line 7)
color:#663300;
font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
font-size:62.5%;
}

Cheers

VIPStephan
09-11-2007, 07:48 PM
No code needed because thereís nothing wrong with it. Itís IE: http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html#list

latemodern
09-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks VIPStephan

I have had a read through - very useful article. I take it the width properties were causing the <li>'s to 'have layout'. Have I interpreted this correctly?

Thanks

Chris

VIPStephan
09-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Did the article made you fix your problem? Yes, it was probably the width. Earlier in the article itís stated which properties apply layout to an element: http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html#prop
Better set the width of the list itself instead of each list item.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum