View Full Version : Possible to make a program which can cofigure PC to display Unicode?

09-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi all,
I think this is the right forum to ask this question. As you know, there are some operations required to setup our PC to get the unicode text properly like install a suitable font, install support for complex scripts through the Regional Language options (XP), change browser's default selection of font to a custom one.

I hope they all are changing some values in windows registry or at some other points. Just wondering is it possible to make a setup program which will guide the user through all these steps by a single click so that I can supply this program through the site instead of a bundle of tutorials.

I'm quite new to this area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

09-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Is this a stupid idea to think? (... hope I conveyed my doubt well and I believe this can be achieved at least in Linux, but no idea about where to start :()

09-13-2007, 05:53 AM
Oh.. adding one more thread to my unanswered post's list (seems like nobody is interested to get a "thanks" ;))

09-13-2007, 07:26 AM
It's probably possible, but not probable to do a complete replacement on Windows. You should be able to install the fonts and a few other things. It would definately be easier to accomplish this in Linux, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone had done it already.