View Full Version : Frames inside pages?

CoMpUtEr DuMmiE
01-03-2003, 07:05 AM
Does anyone know how to make
your page look like a picture frame
i have this html script but i cant get it to work..
i use easy designer on AOL
Can anyone help?? this is the script..'
style="border:25 ridge gray"

they say to add that after the`
( < body> ) i dont understand that tho.. :confused: :rolleyes: :(

Mhtml
01-03-2003, 10:54 AM
That is css. www.w3schools.com/css

Ok what they meant was add it to your body tag!

<body style="border:25 ridge gray" >

Try that and you will see a border around your page, you can change the color by changing gray and change the width by changing 25.

:D Hope you see what I'm getting at here. If not just ask and ye shall recieve more info.

ps: can you try to keep your words single cased (except for the start letter if required ;) ) iT Is A LiTtE bIT HaRd To ReAD! :)

CoMpUtEr DuMmiE
01-03-2003, 11:46 PM
thank you so much
.. 'lol'..you dont know know how
long ive been trying to get this code to
work and its so simple :D :o
thank you !
P.S. woud u happen to kno how to
do thes type of frames meaning on one side u just have an image or linkz
and on the right have all of
what u want in the page

CoMpUtEr DuMmiE
01-04-2003, 02:02 AM
hi, i tryed the script the way u had put it in the post..and it does not work..why is that ?> Can u please help me out again thankz!

Mhtml
01-04-2003, 03:22 AM
That page is totally in-appropriate for this website.

In answer to your problem, have you put any content on the web page? It will not show if there is no content.

I think that maybe you don't understand the first thing about html and that you should probably go here www.w3schools.com
and learn both html and css.

CoMpUtEr DuMmiE
01-04-2003, 04:04 AM
Thank you for getting back to me.So sorrie about that site i was just trying to give you a visual example of what i ment and yes i have put content on my page,and i do kno a little about html ,javascripts etc. its just im a lil annoyed at the fact at this one simple thing i cannot do correctly ,rather this is really the only script i havent gotten to work on my site.:thumbsup: :o :(

applesauce
01-06-2003, 07:03 PM
you should remove that link computerdummie if it's inappropriate!!!! is there a mod please?

those of us who are at work resent inappropriate links!!!

cg9com
01-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Mhtml

<body style="border:25 ridge gray" >
not sure if this is the problem. but you should add a pixel value to the 25 in that tag. maybe it will work then? EX: 25px

no way
01-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Apple, this is becoming ridiculous now.

The poor guy just needed some help, and an example he saw was on a sexy site (hey, there are so many of them because people visit them, loads of people, and it's not forbidden). Nothing wrong about that.
He has even agreed he should have looked for another more appropriate example.
How do you Americans (sorry for those who don't, or is the word Texans ?) refuse any communication when anyone said the sex word ?

Moreover, you can not see any offensive contents in the post, so what ?

Good, this was my opinion, I do not need an answer about that.

Fred

*no offense*

applesauce
01-07-2003, 02:36 PM
hey, no way, it is a problem. read the rules and get over yourself.

1 Posting rules

1.4) No objectionable content- Do not post content/subject/links that may not be appropriate to everybody, including minors. Examples include adult links , hateful/ distasteful content, vulgar language etc.

CoMpUtEr DuMmiE
01-07-2003, 10:51 PM
...G-Hey Guys ,by the way I`m a GIRL not a GUY,:o hehe :D ..and i am sorrie for linking that site and if i was offending anyone..its not realy an "adult" site its a freinds of mine..and i was trying just to give an example b/c not anyone knew what meant..And Thank you : no way : for "sticking up for me":thumbsup: ..so please if anyone CAN help me out id appreciate it alot!

cg9com
01-08-2003, 07:21 AM
read the thread did that work?

CoMpUtEr DuMmiE
01-08-2003, 03:27 PM
I read it, i have gotten it to work ,the problem was`nt the script it was i had that and a different script that aparently didnt wanna work "together",...thank yew :thumbsup: :D :o

jkd
01-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by no way
Apple, this is becoming ridiculous now.

The poor guy just needed some help, and an example he saw was on a sexy site (hey, there are so many of them because people visit them, loads of people, and it's not forbidden). Nothing wrong about that.
He has even agreed he should have looked for another more appropriate example.
How do you Americans (sorry for those who don't, or is the word Texans ?) refuse any communication when anyone said the sex word ?

Moreover, you can not see any offensive contents in the post, so what ?

No, there is inherently nothing wrong with that, however the terms for posting on this forum prohibit such content and links, because not everyone who reads through these forums is over 18. Those are the rules, like them or not.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum