View Full Version : Embedded a auto play midi

masterofollies
09-01-2007, 03:18 AM
Anyone have a clue how I could embed a MIDI song to my login page on my website? It would play probably 30 seconds and will Not repeat. I don't want anyone to click to play it, just when the page is viewed it starts.

Iszak
09-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Well firstly I don't believe you can do it in PHP! You'll more and likely either have to use a flash one or one of those ones that look like windows media player. More and likely but I'm not sure that WMP doesn't support Midi it's either MIDI or MID anyhow so if it doesn't you'll need a specialized one, and most of them come with a property that is autoplay and you just select it. Also I've heard it's possible with javascript but I'm sure a quick search to google would help so don't be lazy and do so!

dniwebdesign
09-01-2007, 06:05 AM
Midi, MIDI, MID... all the same... just he didn't capitilize this. Yea, this isn't done via PHP and should be situated in the HTML area of these forums.

However if you GOOGLE embed a midi you should be able to find what you are looking for. Very rough cut version would be:
<embed src='pathto/midifile/midi.mid' width='150' height='10' autoplay='true'>

Don't count on it as I did it from the top of my head and I don't embed midi's anymore.

masterofollies
09-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Ah I see, it's php files I am messing with, and I am still a beginner so didn't know. Thanks for the help.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum