View Full Version : How do I blend images

jaybee1960
08-26-2007, 05:14 PM
I am building a site with a grey background and have a large image on a white background.

I have tried to crop this image, but a lot of white still remains.
I want the site to look as professional as possible, how do I get rid of the white around the picture ?

_Aerospace_Eng_
08-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Can you post a link to the picture or attach it to a post? Also what graphics program are you using to try and make it transparent?

Inigoesdr
08-26-2007, 10:20 PM
If you're using a program like Photoshop there's a feature called Select Range or something similar that will help a lot with cropping. However, if you have white in the picture it could be more trouble than it's worth.

Notre
08-26-2007, 11:09 PM
If you would like to post the image I'm sure I could try to render it as long as it's not like bad or something XD , Otherwise try the pen tool and go around it.

lithriel
09-01-2007, 05:35 AM
If you are using Photoshop and your image has a relatively clean edge between the white and the subject matter then try this:

Select the Magic Wand tool
Make sure Anti-Alias is ON, Contiguous is off, and set the tolerance to 50
Select the white area around the subject matter and press delete!

(TIPS- create a new layer under the picture and fill it with the color of the rest of your site before you save. Also- once you have deleted the white area scaling the image down gets rid of the white halo you sometimes get with fuzzy edges)

TinMan
09-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I tend to use adobe fireworks, it lets you select which colour to make transparent. If the border is not very clean or the white is not constant in colour you may still end up having to clean it up a little.

shoegazer
09-08-2007, 04:50 AM
I always liked to set the feathering option to about 3-5 px then select the area to be faded with the Magic Wand or Lasso tool, then feather the edges via tapping the delete key as needed, set the layer's blend option (I believe that's what it's called, anyway) to something like Difference.

Yeah, I signed up today and recently and another post in here, but I'm eager to help :P

lithriel
09-15-2007, 06:15 PM
I tend to use adobe fireworks, it lets you select which colour to make transparent. If the border is not very clean or the white is not constant in colour you may still end up having to clean it up a little.

Photoshop lets you pick which color to make transparent as well. Actually you can pick multiple colors to make transparent.

frenz_hilpur
10-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Not sure if this is what you mean, but it might help: http://www.suta-raito.com/PSPeffects2.shtml

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum