View Full Version : Keeping Visitors

08-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Yeah i know content is king, how can i change/what can i add to encourage more return visits?

08-25-2007, 08:59 PM
What about a section where visitors can browse or submit photos of their (I don't know much about bee products) bee hives, etc. I think a big deal on the web right now is sites that allow you to upload photos.

08-25-2007, 09:04 PM
that is a good idea, and i know most beekeepers are annoraks, but i think it would be alot of work, for something that maybe only a few people would be interested in. However some sort of content that people can add to is an idea that i can look in to further.

08-25-2007, 09:12 PM
got forums?

08-25-2007, 09:23 PM
forums? to talk about honey? i guess i could have a section where people can discuss their uses of honey/wax and tips

08-28-2007, 07:04 PM
it's kinda tricky because It feels to me like this is a site that someone would visit with a specific purpose/niche. for example, I don't know BEES WAX....HAHAHA no pun intended....*clears throat*...um..anyways, I don't know anything about honey or bees or hives, so the site, regardless of what you do to it, won't keep my attention.

I would suggest doing a sort of competitive analysis on other sites about the same thing, figure out what they have, and find a way to either have more content, or easier to understand content. in a quick google search I found this:

now, your design alone is a lot better than this, which I think will help you a lot, but simply browsing their content and finding out what else you can offer may be helpful.

08-28-2007, 07:54 PM
a shop would help.... you do say "Your one-stop shop for Quality Bee Products" - shop implies the ability to purchase products of some kind.

Right now there's really no reason to visit your site for the first time, let alone a return visit. The only real content is about your products, which is to be expected by the domain name, but I can't buy them. So I can look at pictures and descriptions but that's it.
There's not much point looking at pictures of stuff I can't have.

There's really nothing to make me want to come back. Unless I really need a picture of a candle or a jar of honey.

If I'm online looking for bee-related products, I'm going to go to a site that lets me buy them. Your product is not unique, so people will go elsewhere to get it.

What exactly are you trying to achieve with your site? I mean, why do you want people to come to your site? Its obviously not a revenue stream so what is the site for? If it's about 'brand awareness' then you need to put some content in about your company/brand/product.

08-28-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm getting this error when trying to use your font changer:

Error: a.getAttribute("rel") has no properties
Source File: http://chantrybee.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/scripts/styleswitcher.js
Line: 4

08-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm getting this error when trying to use your font changer:

does it still change the font? also which browser are you using, cheers

08-30-2007, 04:04 PM
I get no visible change when I click on any font size button. I am using FF2.

John Rostron

08-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Font changes OK for me in ff2 but I am not sure you need it.
Holding the CTRL button and scrolling the mouse does the same job.

I agree that you ought to think about having a shopping cart.

08-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks, i believe this is an issue with the new version of ff, its fixed now ne way!