View Full Version : What do you think?

fl00d
08-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Hey,
what do you guys think of the design? The coding I definitely need to clean up but it will suffice for the moment. :p

Note: the English side has been developed way more than the French side.

www.ridemtl.com/
www.ridemtl.com/en/

srule_
08-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Hey, Nice site!
I'm from Montreal too (student at Concordia) :thumbsup:

Overall it's nice.

few this i would change is:
1. I find the header a bit to big, combined with the nav it nearly takes up 1/2 of my screen.

2. The nav overlaps your embossed border of teh body which looks kinda funny. Perhaps make the nav a few px short on each side so it does not over lap the body border.

3.Add some style to the content area.

fl00d
08-21-2007, 07:49 AM
ok thanks for the advice :thumbsup: I'll be sure to correct those things tomorrow, I'm off to bed for now (2:50AM).

lithriel
08-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Whoa tone that bevel and emboss down!!! It screams amateur. Here's a tip, if you are going for a grunge paint look don't add 3-D effects. Your design is fighting between a really cool vector 2-D theme and really bad automated 3-D effects on some imaging software. Instead of putting the title on the back of an ellipse consider putting on a blob of paint, as if it had been applied with a sponge.

Appropriate font choice- good job. I would make your site better accessible to those using an 800 x 600 screen resolution. Horizontal scrolling is annoying. Also I wouldn't make all your links and headers graphics. That also presents accessibility issues. On the other hand, your target audience seems to be young guys and maybe the need for a graphical interface outweighs the need for better accessibility.

srule_
08-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Whoa tone that bevel and emboss down!!!

Ya, I looked at your site again and i strongly agree with this statment.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum