View Full Version : Photoshop problem.

08-20-2007, 09:25 AM

I've been trying to design a web template in Photoshop CS2 ... due to limited information and experience am using this software. Right now i'd achieved what i want ... but i'm not statisfied with the image quality... it looks blurred ... problem is with the text :( ... am using Verdana 11pt for links ... and at Actual Pixel view its not sharp as i want ... nor when zooming the image.. any idea where i am wrong. Additionally I want to ask what is the best practice of making a web template ... i mean ... pixel resolution, size of the document, color variations etc.

an urgent response will be very appreciated.

08-20-2007, 02:30 PM
The problem with your text , I assume it's pretty ameteuristic :P
Check your anti-aliasing method - Try to change it to sharp or none.

You should look for some tutorials avalible on net.
Might want to check www.pslover.com.

the height of document is really various , the standard width 750px - 780px

08-20-2007, 07:47 PM
1: Try to change the resolution (default is 72 px/inch)
2: When writing the text, make sure that the upper box with the 2 "aa" is set to "Sharp".

08-21-2007, 07:18 AM
thank you for your reply CaptianB

I did exactly the same as u said ... but still having the same problem ...
am attaching image result with this post ... just to give u an idea ...
as u can see ... text is not sharp ... :(

Secondly, I want to design a website with pixel resolution of 1024 by 768 what u recommend ? I mean I want to avoid scrollbar on slash page.. and want to fix the image perfect tht covers almost area of the browser window .. obviously u need to leave the space from right side for scroll bar and some space from the top ... and place background in the center of the page. this can be done with norepeat option of background ... but there must be a perfect image size for browser as well ?

08-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Can you take a screenie , so that I can see more cleary whats the problem ?

08-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Can you take a screenie , so that I can see more cleary whats the problem ?

sorry i didnt realize tht ...

now its uploaded.

08-21-2007, 03:56 PM
I think it will be better if you take a screenshot while in Photoshop so that we may view your settings and try to pinpoint the problem.

08-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Size: 11pt
Font: Verdana
Color: #3600D1

Resolution: 500pixels/inch
Background: #ffffff
"aa": Sharp

SEE HERE (http://www.codingforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5558&stc=1&d=1187713307)

08-22-2007, 05:38 AM
You shouldn't need a resolution so big. 72 pixels/inch should fine. This is strange.

Are you sure you're not looking at your text zoomed in at 200%? I think StupidRalph meant for you to include the Photoshop program IN the screenshot so we can see your settings.