View Full Version : New site. need some advice and ideas.

jsl312006
08-14-2007, 07:52 AM
ok, i have been working on the home page and kind of stuck. any ideas on what i can do to spruce it up some more? what can i add? also, i have a logo created for my site and would like to make a really nice header with it, but not having any luck with ideas. any input? i have included links to my homepage and logo. thank you. i also dont have Photoshop, but i do have photoimpression6 and PhotoStudio 5.5.

www.beltonpaintandbody.com
www.beltonpaintandbody.com/logo.html

rafiki
08-14-2007, 11:24 AM
dont have the pages called page1.html page2.html etc... its not very user friendly

lithriel
08-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Add some left hand padding to avoid text from rubbing right up against the box you have there. Avoid italicizing large amounts of text. It's hard for users to read. Get rid of the centered pictures. Put important information first before the fold of the page if you want customers to actually stay on your website. If you want to keep those pictures resize them to be smaller and float them to the right of your content. Get rid of the marquee, those are annoying and deprecated. The title of your page should have the name of the business in it. And all that image splicing is a bit much. Consider using less images for the banner.

Consider validating your code also.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum