View Full Version : --enable-calendar [solved]

harlequin2k5
08-13-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm using PHP Version 5.2.1-pl3-gentoo and I'm trying to use a calendar script that requires that I --enable-calendar - my phpinfo (http://shiznit.no-ip.info/school/phpinfo.php) shows that calendar is disabled

so I need to know how to --enable-calendar

any help is greatly appreciated :)

rafiki
08-13-2007, 12:07 PM
first google result

To get these functions to work, you have to compile PHP with --enable-calendar . The windows version of PHP has built in support for this extension. ...
www.php.net/calendar

harlequin2k5
08-13-2007, 12:09 PM
hi rafiki :)

I'm not using windows - I'm using gentoo linux...

I've been reading through the gentoo forums and I still haven't found it :(

rafiki
08-13-2007, 12:13 PM
ok, To get these functions to work, you have to compile PHP with --enable-calendar.
im guessing that part was not aimmed at windows users, did you try compiling it yourself with --enable-calendar?

harlequin2k5
08-13-2007, 12:26 PM
ok, To get these functions to work, you have to compile PHP with --enable-calendar.
im guessing that part was not aimmed at windows users, did you try compiling it yourself with --enable-calendar?

lol I'm sorry - that's the part I don't know how to do

NancyJ
08-13-2007, 12:43 PM
First result from google http://www.phpbuilder.com/manual/en/install.unix.gentoo.php

Just add calendar to the bunch of other flags you want...

harlequin2k5
08-13-2007, 12:59 PM
thanks nancyj - that gets me alot closer but either calendar isn't available or I'm still using the wrong command...

if I type enable -n nothing displays - calendar does not display if I use enable -a

if I try to use --enable-calendar I get a bash error - I also get a bash error if I try enable calendar

either way - I have so little experience with this server I don't know how to use the command-line commands :(

harlequin2k5
08-13-2007, 03:39 PM
I went straight into the package.use file and adjusted the line to include calendar

net-ftp/proftpd softquota
dev-lang/php gd pdo calendar
net-print/cups jpeg png

I used the emerge command again and then I restarted apache and guess what??? calendar is finally enabled!!

harlequin2k5
08-13-2007, 04:20 PM
rofl I go through all that trouble and I really don't like the way the calendar looks :p

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum