View Full Version : Review This Site!

08-07-2007, 01:01 PM
There are still a couple of things left to do here but a harsh review would make the site that little bit better again.

Please provide a review as many as possible before it goes live, which is probably in the next few days!

Cheers - and thanks for all the help so far in developing it!

08-08-2007, 04:46 AM
If you increase the text size then the nav goes into the main content.
Also the last pic in the banned does not fit into my 1032px wide monitor, and looks a bit odd as it is not the same hight or background color as the others.

And honestly, although the site as a whole accomplishes what you need, i find it looks homemade. Does not have that "web 2.0" feel that so many people refer to. check This article out (http://www.webdesignfromscratch.com/web-2.0-design-style-guide.cfm#simplicity) for some insperation on how make web2.0 designs

08-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Hey like I told you on your last page the page we log into the navigation menu is going beserk in IE7. The border of the links part extend a good 100 pixels into the actual document. This is an absolute MUST fix before it goes live. If I came to your site and saw that I would x the screen without giving it anymore of a chance.

08-08-2007, 10:14 AM
OK, shall I ask one question please...?
I've found many posts by you for this website on this forum, and now in the "Site Reviews".

Till now you are keeping that htaccess(?) login prompt to enter you site (I've set to remember username/password in my FF;) ). Is it for any specific purpose?

08-09-2007, 12:29 PM
stop prying competitors eyes!

08-09-2007, 01:06 PM
They would probably not know it was there, at least not if the subdomain was something like 'bgh575'. Just put this in the header and it will not get indexed by search engines: <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow">

08-10-2007, 02:11 AM
gahh i hate the colors, and the box on the left, the white border, sticks into the page.

08-11-2007, 08:07 AM
if you want to be included in indexs of search engines, you should to put
<META name="robots" Content="index , follow"> otherwise it cannot be seen on the net...

08-11-2007, 09:15 AM
In addition to what everyone else has said I would like to add:

In my opinion, the top banner does not appear "sharp" enough it appears as if the .jpg was saved at a really low quality. Also in the same banner just under the red machine "thingie" the lower part of the picture is off by a pixel or so making the white line uneven.

The logos at the bottom are too bulky for my taste and are really hard to read b/c of blurring. After investigating I see that you resize the actual image size using HTML. This is a big no-no. Simply open the graphic in your favorite graphic editor and resize your image there. If you do not have one or "can't afford one" then I'd recommend GIMP.