View Full Version : Forum, CMS, and Chat OH MY!

sdcomputerz
08-07-2007, 04:02 AM
I was thinking of making a forum, cms, and chat system,(maybe more) to sell as a way to try and make some cash. I am not the best at coding, so I wanted to see what you guys thought about the idea. Also if anyone wanted to help that would be great.

Thanks

Len Whistler
08-07-2007, 04:26 AM
I was thinking of making a forum, cms, and chat system,(maybe more) to sell as a way to try and make some cash. I am not the best at coding, so I wanted to see what you guys thought about the idea. Also if anyone wanted to help that would be great.

Thanks

There is already lots of good free forums such as phpBB and phorum.org so I think you will have a tough time selling those. I don't know much about CMS or chat systems but I would imagine that there is a few good ones out there already.

Rappa
08-07-2007, 05:35 AM
there are LOADS of free cms and Portal systems out there:

Content Management (http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Content_Management/index.html)
Portal Systems (http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Portal_Systems/index.html)

saeed
08-07-2007, 06:47 AM
plus what about the support after sales? u can find lods n lods of free scripts on Internet and yeah how u're going to market ur product.. I personally believe if u are really keen to generate cash n make this thing possible try come up with some different ideas ... it will take some time but u wont be depending on others... and yeah if u really want to start something good... start with basics (X)HTML n CSS and then go for PHP MYSQL. trust me ... if u are really creative ... u can do much better yourself instead of asking someone else for help.

best of luck. :thumbsup:

Saeed

sdcomputerz
08-07-2007, 08:35 AM
So what do you guys suggest then.

matak
08-07-2007, 09:46 AM
So what do you guys suggest then.

i've been recently playing with drupal. it's great, friendly CMS with lot's of extensions, and options to expand and modify it. but even most people there say you don't need to have PHP knowledge, you do! couse you need to see the big picture when playing and arranging website to suit your needs.

if you want a newbie CMS go for joomla. I'm not saying that joomla was made by newbies or for newbies, it's just that it was made so robust, that even a newbie without experience in PHP can use it, but it's harder to "customize" it than drupal

usik
08-07-2007, 12:52 PM
well i made a pure php / mysql / javascript chat system
It aint to hard but is fairly fiddly
If your interested gimme a shout and Il clean up the code and do some intrinsic documentation

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum