View Full Version : Table border color and multiple text colors in a cell

Bry Man
12-29-2002, 01:38 AM
Hi im trying to make a new menu for my web site thats more "user friendly" so im turning to html tables and was wondering how to chnage the colors of the border also im making a updates table to show users what ive done to improve my site and i was wondering if you could have more than one text color in one cell like having the date say "December 25,"in red then following that in the same cell "its X-mas" in green. I know this sounds like a easy question to ask but im only 15 so cut me some slack. =)

Thanks to those who reply

12-29-2002, 06:21 AM
I'm 15 to! :)

Okey dokes firstly I think you will benefit from going to www.w3schools.com and learning HTML and CSS.

Then for changing text colors I think you will find after reading the tutorial you will go duh and hit yourself in the head (no offence).

<font color="red">25/12/05 </font><font color="green">Merry Christmas!</font>

Changing border colors..

<td style="border-style:solid;border-width:1;border-color:blue">

12-29-2002, 12:56 PM
the <font> tag shouldnt really be used these days... try using the <span> tag...

so in place of <font face="verdana" color="#000000"> you should use <span style="font-family: verdana; color: #000000">

:eek: im 15 too...

12-29-2002, 08:29 PM
...or better yet, use shorthand <span style="font:normal 15 tahoma; color:ff0000">COLORED TEXT</span> :D