View Full Version : disabled PM

mouse
12-28-2002, 01:35 AM
Hi there,

I just noticed members are able to disable PM, I don't think it should be allowed (no, really). I think, mods at least, should be able to PM members on subjects that maybe aren't for the public forum and where email would be ott. An example may be informing a member he/she's on the fringes of TOS and so on.

Just a thought. :)

Morgoth
01-17-2003, 04:51 AM
Yeah. PM should be forced on.

Alex Vincent
01-17-2003, 09:31 AM
It's a decent idea, but not everyone will read their PM messages anyway. I read them only once a week, roughly, and that's when it occurs to me to check them. I forget all the time.

justame
01-17-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Alex Vincent
when it occurs to me to check them.

alex...
they just a popup® in /mes monitor when /me comes here...n' sooo /me reads 'em before closing the window...lol...

cg9com
01-18-2003, 11:06 AM
same here, i use the popup window option
otherwise i sure would forget about them

Morgoth
01-18-2003, 11:07 PM
I dont get many, but I have e-mail notice for PM and popup. A PM is very important, but not as important if you have your e-mail address shown. Though, you might get one or two personal request to help them on code they can't get help with on the forums, or something. That type is annoying.

I also have e-mail notification on threads I am signed up to. If I ask a question or answer one, I want to check up on it as fast as the person replied.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum