View Full Version : Need Critique

FinishUpper
08-04-2007, 02:36 AM
Hello,

Can you rate my website, http://www.dadari.com/ ?

Any and all critics are appreciated.

Thanks!

croatiankid
08-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Not enough color, your footer's right border seems to be off a little, the black boxes aren't too pretty, and the header looks too plain, and I think you should put something else instead of Dadari.Com.

rafiki
08-04-2007, 11:44 AM
didnt quite pass the CSS validator either

Sorry! We found the following errors
URI : http://www.dadari.com/
56 Value Error : font-size only 0 can be a length. You must put an unit after your number : 11
57 Value Error : font-size only 0 can be a length. You must put an unit after your number : 11
82 Value Error : font-size only 0 can be a length. You must put an unit after your number : 11
83 Value Error : font-size only 0 can be a length. You must put an unit after your number : 11

also

This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
Result: Failed validation, 73 Errors should get back to work to make the errors disappear

FinishUpper
08-04-2007, 07:14 PM
croatiankid - Can you give me some alternatives?

I have been looking into changing those but so far, no ideas. O_O

rafiki - Thanks for pointing out the CSS Errors.

It used to be Valid XHTML Transitional, but ever since i got cutenews, more errors have popped out, and Im too lazy to fix that many errors.

FinishUpper
08-04-2007, 07:26 PM
didnt quite pass the CSS validator either

Sorry! We found the following errors
URI : http://www.dadari.com/
56 Value Error : font-size only 0 can be a length. You must put an unit after your number : 11
57 Value Error : font-size only 0 can be a length. You must put an unit after your number : 11
82 Value Error : font-size only 0 can be a length. You must put an unit after your number : 11
83 Value Error : font-size only 0 can be a length. You must put an unit after your number : 11

also

This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
Result: Failed validation, 73 Errors should get back to work to make the errors disappear

Can you help me with validating the CSS?
I really don't get those errors I keep getting.

croatiankid
08-04-2007, 08:03 PM
The problem with your CSS is that you haven't specified a unit for your strings. It even says it. You must define a unit, be it 11px, em, %, in, w/e.

FinishUpper
08-04-2007, 08:52 PM
The problem with your CSS is that you haven't specified a unit for your strings. It even says it. You must define a unit, be it 11px, em, %, in, w/e.

margin:0;
padding:0;

Such as that space?

Graft-Creative
08-05-2007, 12:40 AM
margin:0;
padding:0;

Such as that space?

...a unit for your font size, i.e.

font-size: 11px;

Gary

FinishUpper
08-05-2007, 03:21 AM
...a unit for your font size, i.e.

font-size: 11px;

Gary

Yes, I know that....

its just not working.

rafiki
08-05-2007, 12:06 PM
love the comment at the bottom of your css lol
/* This stylesheet was made by Dadari.Com. Please do not steal. */
lol

doctordew
08-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Well from my view it's a pretty sad site. You should get a lot more content up. I think I went through your entire site in about 2 minutes tops. If you're planning on putting more content up soon that would be very helpfull to your site. If not well then I don't know what to say. The layout is decently attractive for a first time layout. The banners a bit... bad no offense. Hopefully you can add some more content and fix those css errors! Good luck.

FinishUpper
08-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Well from my view it's a pretty sad site. You should get a lot more content up. I think I went through your entire site in about 2 minutes tops. If you're planning on putting more content up soon that would be very helpfull to your site. If not well then I don't know what to say. The layout is decently attractive for a first time layout. The banners a bit... bad no offense. Hopefully you can add some more content and fix those css errors! Good luck.

Yes, I know... Im trying to fix the css errors.

ahallicks
08-06-2007, 05:18 PM
CSS errors seem to be fixed now. As for the XHTML... CuteNews allows you to edit the template it uses to display the news... this is all you'll need to do to get rid of most of the errors on that page. Take out the inline styles and change the table into a set of divs that you can easily style with CSS. Remove all of that font crap too, and set the fonts for the divs you create in the news template and everything should be fine. I've found that the beauty of CuteNews is that you can edit the output template as much as you want. I use it on my sites and they validate no problems.

lithriel
08-06-2007, 11:17 PM
You may want to post exactly what your website's purpose is on the homepage.

Usability expert Jakob Nielsen gives 10 things to do on a homepage:

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20020512.html

You are missing some critical information which hurts usability.

FinishUpper
08-07-2007, 01:27 AM
CSS errors seem to be fixed now. As for the XHTML... CuteNews allows you to edit the template it uses to display the news... this is all you'll need to do to get rid of most of the errors on that page. Take out the inline styles and change the table into a set of divs that you can easily style with CSS. Remove all of that font crap too, and set the fonts for the divs you create in the news template and everything should be fine. I've found that the beauty of CuteNews is that you can edit the output template as much as you want. I use it on my sites and they validate no problems.

Thanks for the cutenews info...

But the css errors haven't gone away. o_O

ahallicks
08-07-2007, 10:51 AM
CSS Validator seems to be down. Anyways, why have you set your font-size to 12px in your body and then reset the sizes in a load of your id's? Setting the font-size in the body will give the whole page a general font-size so you do not need to redefine it unless you want it a different size

FinishUpper
08-08-2007, 10:55 PM
I fixed the css errors... The problem was that my cutenews template was messing it up.

crypthacks
08-12-2007, 05:08 AM
Not so bad :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum