View Full Version : Running a PHP script on a different server

daemonkin
08-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Hi guys,

A client wishes to use text messaging to add vouchers to a number of accounts - basically text your ID and a response will be sent to your phone with a unique code to be entered and redeemed.

The text system is out of my control but I was wondering if it is possible to call a page on my server from the text system that will take the ID and create a unique key and pass it back to the text system.

I hope this makes sense so far...

All I need to know is can I run say:

$code = CALL_EXTERNAL_PAGE($ID)

Thanks.
D.

mlse
08-01-2007, 10:59 AM
You need to check with the company that provides that texts messaging service - most of them provide an HTTP Gateway (server-to-server rather than brower-to-server) to perform this task. Here's a random example I found from a quick Google search: http://www.aql.com/site/developerinfo2.php (note that the gateway will be specific to the provider you go with, so don't take the link I posted as the general case! There is no general case).

daemonkin
08-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks MLSE. I had no idea what to search for and just wanted to know if it was possible to even do it.

I am waiting a call from the tech dept of the company and am sure they can offer some sort of service.

Will keep you posted of my progress anyway.

Thanks.
D.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum