View Full Version : Running a PHP script on a different server

08-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Hi guys,

A client wishes to use text messaging to add vouchers to a number of accounts - basically text your ID and a response will be sent to your phone with a unique code to be entered and redeemed.

The text system is out of my control but I was wondering if it is possible to call a page on my server from the text system that will take the ID and create a unique key and pass it back to the text system.

I hope this makes sense so far...

All I need to know is can I run say:

08-01-2007, 11:59 AM
You need to check with the company that provides that texts messaging service - most of them provide an HTTP Gateway (server-to-server rather than brower-to-server) to perform this task. Here's a random example I found from a quick Google search: http://www.aql.com/site/developerinfo2.php (note that the gateway will be specific to the provider you go with, so don't take the link I posted as the general case! There is no general case).

08-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks MLSE. I had no idea what to search for and just wanted to know if it was possible to even do it.

I am waiting a call from the tech dept of the company and am sure they can offer some sort of service.

Will keep you posted of my progress anyway.