View Full Version : search engine

azra
07-30-2007, 12:23 AM
how can i add a search engine to my subdomain so it only searches my subdomain and not my entire website?

Jutlander
07-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Depends on what search you want. But you can add a simple site search with Google:

<form id="googlesearch" name="google" method="get" action="http://www.google.dk/search" accept-charset="ISO-8859-1">
<fieldset>
<legend>Google Search</legend>
<input type="text" name="q" size="25" maxlength="255" title="Type a word to search for"><br>

<input type="hidden" name="as_sitesearch" value="www.sub.example.com">

<input type="submit" id="subm" value="Search">
</fieldset>
</form>

azra
07-31-2007, 06:24 PM
well my web hosting provider gave an entropy search but when i asked them the question, they said to ask here. and thanks for the google one. i will try that :)

Jutlander
07-31-2007, 06:46 PM
You should bear in mind though, that this type of search is kinda slow, cause it only shows results that Google has indexed. The search on a forum like this is different cause when someone posts, it goes straight to the database and when someone search for a term or something, it pulls it out of the database and shows it.

azra
07-31-2007, 06:50 PM
i am using the entropy search for my main site, but i just wanted to know if i could use it in my subdomain.

azra
09-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Depends on what search you want. But you can add a simple site search with Google:

<form id="googlesearch" name="google" method="get" action="http://www.google.dk/search" accept-charset="ISO-8859-1">
<fieldset>
<legend>Google Search</legend>
<input type="text" name="q" size="25" maxlength="255" title="Type a word to search for"><br>

<input type="hidden" name="as_sitesearch" value="www.sub.example.com">

<input type="submit" id="subm" value="Search">
</fieldset>
</form>

thanks for the code. After you press search, how can I make the results open in a new window?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum