View Full Version : Coach Hire Site

07-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Brown's Coach Hire (http://www.brownscoachhire.com)

Any suggestions appreciated.

07-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Logo in header could do use some work. I've always had a pet peeve about displaying the .com part of the site in any graphics on the page.

I would also get the nav to expand the full width of the layout, currently there is is about 75px of gray on the navbar, maybe center the nav bar or set its background color to white so it looks like it spans the whole width of the layout.

I think you should bring down the opacity on the big B on the content section. I also think you need some more contrast. The black and gray doesn't do it for me.

07-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks Aero.

The colours are corporate unfortunately. He previously had blue/orange on a white coach but this has changed as shown.

I'm trying to get his site more recognition if you have any advice?

07-27-2007, 11:57 AM
I think that the background image, 'B' used behind the contents, makes reading text difficult when text goes over it.

Perhaps you should try and reduce the ratio more, or use a different colour...so it easier for people to read text...specially those with colour sight problems.

Also, you have a header error on your website...which is revealing information that might be used to compromise your server.

Please check your inbox for more details...as placing the text here is not really a good idea since this forum is public.

07-27-2007, 12:02 PM
ess: Can you post some more information please?

07-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Please check your Private Message for more info.

07-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks it took a while to come through.
I have added in an if else structure to handle the validation. Must have missed that one when building.
I have also added in the JS commands for the Calendar object that were missing.
Thanks for your help.

07-27-2007, 12:37 PM
When clicking on the button that launches the calendar on the bookings page, the menu jumps left real quick and back to its original position. Ironically if I submit the form without filling anything in, the errors are returned but the same button that launches the calendar doesn't move the navigation.

07-27-2007, 03:42 PM
I can't seem to replicate that. I have since updated the utils file so the calendar object is pulled in.
Could you retry please?

07-27-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm getting the same menu jump as _Aerospace_Eng_ (in Firefox)