View Full Version : CSS Width Help please

atfcmartin
07-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Hey clever people,

Just after a little bit of help...

On my site here (http://www.uptheshots.co.uk) where the middle section is the gap between the navigation area and the middle section is quite small (I've done that and that's how I want it..) but I can't seem to find the CSS to make it longer width ways/make the gap between the middle section and the right hand side sidebar smaller (the same width as the other side).

I think it has something to do with this part of CSS?? But I've been playing with it and nothing seems to change :S

.content1 {float: left; width: 428px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px; color: rgb(0,0,0);}
.content1-container {clear: both; float: left; width: 408px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; padding: 0px;}
.content1-container-1col {overflow: hidden; width: 408px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;}

<!-- CONTENT -->
<div class="content1">

<!-- Page title -->
<div class="content1-pagetitle">Welcome to the Red Blue Army, Online</div>

<!-- Text container -->
<div class="content1-container line-box">
<div class="content1-container-1col">
<div class="content-welcometxtbox-shade">
<p>
Thank you for visiting the Red Blue Army's website. The RBA is a group of fans who aim to add

colour and atmosphere at the matches of Aldershot Town. For more information about us please

visit the '<a href="/about.php">About the RBA</a>' page.
</p>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Which one do I gotta change??
Cheers

timgolding
07-26-2007, 03:54 PM
change the paddings on .content1 so that left and right padding are the same;

.content1
{float: left; width: 428px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; color: rgb(0,0,0);}

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum