Is there a way? Or to have an include?

Thanks

Votick

rmedek
07-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Yes, there are a lot of ways.

Votick
07-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Could you posibly make me a script that would open a file in html.

File contents:

<marquee>
Blah
</marquee>

VIPStephan
07-22-2007, 09:26 PM
No (http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-no-answers.html)...

whizard
07-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Ok wise guys... :D You've made your point.

As to Votick's question, yes, there are lots of ways. Therefore, could you elaborate? Are you looking for a javascript, or a php script, or perl, or something else?

Dan

Votick
07-23-2007, 09:01 AM
I am looking for a html/javascript script that will call a html script that is in a seperate file.

So say i had:

<table>
<tr>
<CALL ACTION src=my-html-file.com>
</tr>
</table>

What would be the code to call the file that contains the html that i want to show.

This is purely so that i can have the call code on multiple sites and then change the file accordingly.

Thanks!

ahallicks
07-23-2007, 09:07 AM
I think you're looking for includes rather than a javascript. If you mean that you want to call some HTML into your code that is saved externally then the easiest way to do this would be with php although you have to ensure that your web server has php enabled. There are HTML methods for includes too:
PHP

<?php include ("yourfile.html"); ?>

or

<?php require 'yourfile.inc' ?>

HTML

<!--#include virtual="path to file/include-file.html" -->

VIPStephan
07-23-2007, 12:30 PM
HTML

<!--#include virtual="path to file/include-file.html" -->

Just to clarify: This is not just HTML, itís called SSI (Server Side Include), and must be enabled by the server as well. The difference between PHP and SSI is that PHP is open source code and SSI is a Microsoft thing.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum