View Full Version : Big time php/mysql help!

07-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Ok, I know how to make user forms and processors but I have been assigned a new project at work and I need some help with it and would be forever in anyones debt if they could please help me with this.

This is going to be a bus driver tracking system. Basically all it is going to do is keep track of each bus driver and there info. let me first show you the tables.

Table - drivers /
Last Name /
First Name /
City /
etc. /
Basicly there personal info in table - drivers.

Table - Driver Sales /
date /
Sale Amount /
percentage /
etc /
This is all sales info

There is one more table but I can figure that out. Ok so I need to do a table join somehow. here is a list of things that ned to be done.

make a form so I can choose the driver and add in sales info.

2. join the tables

3. make a page so when I choose the driver it will pull up the sales info.

thats all it is. im sure its easy but I cant find a book that remotley even tells me how to do it. I have read every book on php and mysql and I am running out of time so if someone can give me a hand I would appreciate it. and if any questions please ask.

07-21-2007, 11:19 PM
My question is, you need someone to do this for you? Because your post made it sound like you haven't done any of it, and you haven't a clue where to start. Can you be more specific?

p.s. someone probably will do it for you but you'll need to post it in the "paid work offers" forum.

07-22-2007, 02:55 AM
sorry for not being more specific. Uhm I can make all the tables and do all the form processing on my own. But what I need help with is how to properly join table b with table a. And then how to show a list of names from table a and add info to that specific name from table b. thats it. even if anyone has a good website that has pretty specific detail on how to do that that would be great! So does that make sense?

07-22-2007, 05:31 AM
Check out this page: