View Full Version : What do you think...

07-20-2007, 07:16 PM

also there's this... which i could possibly use for advertising... just had a play around in photoshop...

Logo for my own website... tell me what you think. Honestly. Constructive criticism rather than slagging it off though yeh!?

07-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Not bad, not bad…

Is there a reason why the ‘R’ in the logo has this bright part? If it would represent a form or another letter it might make sense but not in this case, somehow.
And it might be a matter of personal taste but I would make the top of the name a little less bright and slightly more gradient to the top (more transparency).

07-21-2007, 12:12 AM
well personally, i like it, although i would agree with the brightenned part on the R. i just think it looks nice?!

07-21-2007, 01:38 AM
Stick with it. I quite like having another designer on board the cf train. :)

07-21-2007, 02:02 AM
thanks evo!!!

07-24-2007, 03:27 AM
If it isn't my lil' buddy Rachy :p . I like your name text logo. As stated, I think some changes could be made to the 'RS' icon. Perhaps more contrast between colors???

As for the advertisement, I think you need to consider your target audience. If you plan to use that ad to market to peers your age then it will work. However, I don't think that it will be appropriate for say some 'business person' looking for a website.

Anyway, good luck and I'm glad you're still at it. :thumbsup:

07-24-2007, 02:58 PM
cool! yeh Ralph, you probably are right, and obviously, my target audience won't be my age, none of us can afford a pair of shoes, let alone getting someone to make us a website... i know i wouldn't be able to afford it... good job I can just make myself one. I'll get that logo sorted soon, but I'm a bit busy on three other projects at the minute.... I'm not complaining....

07-24-2007, 04:22 PM
They're both really cool and nice looking actually. I would probably just tweak the bright part on the "R" to not go so bright (I think it's white right now). Great job!

07-24-2007, 05:12 PM
damn... i make a good model *pose* haha only joking.

07-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Hehe, at least you're confident hun. Keep at it, it's very good for someone who's still getting to grips with design. If you need any help give me a buzz any time. :)

07-24-2007, 05:20 PM
ok will do evo... thank you.

07-29-2007, 05:31 AM
Fresh looking design. Keep up the good work!

07-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Well I hate to be the only criric (don't hate me!) but honestly it looks like you spent 10-15 minutes in Photoshop making those images. I'll comment on both to hopefully help you out a little bit...

The banner could REALLY use a nice gradient in the background. The text itself looks nice I wouldn't change that, but I would add a little texture to the text after the gradient background. Maybe a little bit of lighting to create some contrast throughout the sig, it would also add a little depth.

As for the picture, it looks very...unique. Almost mysterious with part of the face hidden. As far as creating a professional image goes, I would definitely get rid of the white in the picture. Maybe try making the skin of the face a dark grey, almost black (maybe brown, but I'm not too sure how well that would turn out), and the right side of the image dark, but with a little bit of texture, to add depth to the picture. With the image you have, I think it would look amazing to accent the eye more, and the hair less. By using a darker background, you could then create a small glow around the eye to draw attention to it. I'd play with the hair color a little, somehow try to tone it down.

I hope that helped a little, if you wanna chat about it more feel free to PM me.

07-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Looks good, makes me want to make some tequila and lime shooters. LMFAO
Don't think my wife would like that much, she hates the sting of the salt. :P

The only thing that bothers me if the bright green in the facial image. It could be just my monitor though, so I could be the only one. Keep up the good work.

08-22-2007, 02:18 PM
it looks like you spent 10-15 minutes in Photoshop making those images.

Thats exactly what i did. It was out of pure boredom.

08-22-2007, 07:28 PM
The banner is not saying web design to me. It's saying "hair products website". I'd get rid of it or tone it down to your target audience as StupidRalph commented on.

The logo is okay but I wonder if you can add more contrast to it. Green on green automatically makes you logo less readable. I can read it yes, but shrink it down into a fav icon and what happens?

There's a link here to test contrast: http://juicystudio.com/services/colourcontrast.php
Get your hex codes from photoshop of the green background and the text on top to test. It might be okay, but I would play with colors or increase the contrast between the two just to be safe.