View Full Version : jamies dot org dot uk

07-18-2007, 04:42 PM
I have finally uploaded the new Jamie’s Computers website and although I have positive feedback from co workers and clients I thought I had better seek some professional feed back.

So what do you think?

Negative feedback and suggestions are appreciated also

07-18-2007, 05:17 PM
I like the way the menu changes colour depending on the page, but I'm not sure I like the navigation itself. It seems very 'old school' and possibly a little unprofessional with regards to the rest of the site, which is nice and clean and tidy.

07-18-2007, 05:55 PM
I agree with the navigation comment. those css/html built 3D effect buttons are so out of style, lol.

On another Note, I am using Firefox 2.0.5 and each of your content boxes starting with "IT Recycling" and down to "IT Training" Each of about a 1px margin from the top of the colored background, and around 10px margin from the bottom. they also have 0 margin on the right hand side and about 20px margin on the left.
Either way, if this display is from a bug or intential i reccomend u center the content inside the colored background.

Besides that i like the look a lot! Very easy to navigate throug, not over the top, and good amount of graphics for my liking.

07-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Overall it looks good to me. Clean, readable, usable.

I might confuse you, though--I don't have a problem with the buttons, but the change in color threw me at first. Clearly it's intentional (and smart, with the green for recycling), but for just an instant I thought "Wait, did I just go somewhere else?"

I do see the border issues described above.

Also, things seem to jump a bit horizontally from section to section, which may have contributed to me thinking I was going from one site to another.

The contact info looks a little overwhelming to me. Maybe you could Title Cap the listings for e-mail? Or give them a little more breathing room? Also, generally there's no space before a colon.

07-18-2007, 10:03 PM
While the overall design is nice I also agree on the navigation comments (except Jeremy’s). It would look a lot more modern and consistent with the general site design if you at least left out that 3D effect.

Another thing I noticed and which many people/sites forget (even the big ones like Apple on the downloads (http://www.apple.com/downloads/) or Safari (http://www.apple.com/safari/) page) is that you forgot to specify a body background color which makes to page look really ugly with my other-than-white default browser background color. Not only does it look ugly but it can also evoke accessibility issues (same bg color as text color = unreadable).

07-19-2007, 10:16 AM
I had never even thought about that. I didn't even know users could change there background color actually.

Thanks for all your comments everyone. I will take them to the next development group.

07-19-2007, 06:16 PM
If u change your links and get a better banner the site would look really good.