View Full Version : MS Access Programing for Tool Tips ?

DreamTone
07-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey all, would anyone have a general idea on how do custom program the tool tips in Access? There is a place in the form to type info in but I would like to do it in a more powerful way to make the tool tip "smater"

What I mean buy tool tip is if you hold the pointer over a form button a small flayout appears with a basic note (tool tip)

thanks!

TheShaner
07-17-2007, 02:22 PM
When you go into the Design view of a form and you view the Properties of an object on your form, whether it be a control box or a button, if you go to the Other tab, you will see an option called "ControlTip Text". If you fill out this box and click OK, whenever you hover your cursor over the top of that object, you'll receive a tooltip with the text you wrote in.

-Shane

DreamTone
07-17-2007, 06:31 PM
When you go into the Design view of a form and you view the Properties of an object on your form, whether it be a control box or a button, if you go to the Other tab, you will see an option called "ControlTip Text". If you fill out this box and click OK, whenever you hover your cursor over the top of that object, you'll receive a tooltip with the text you wrote in.

-Shane

I am looking for another way to do it with actual code, because I wan't the message to change depending on what I hover over.

Thanks

TheShaner
07-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Each object has it's own controltip text, so it'll change depending on what object you're hovering over.

Anyway, you can always control the text by code by using the format:

Forms![object_name].ControlTipText = "Tooltip text goes here"
Now, if you're talking about hovering over say the left side of a button versus the right side of the button, there's no way of doing that. An object only recognizes IF it's been hovered over, not where.

-Shane

DreamTone
07-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Each object has it's own controltip text, so it'll change depending on what object you're hovering over.

Anyway, you can always control the text by code by using the format:

Forms![object_name].ControlTipText = "Tooltip text goes here"
Now, if you're talking about hovering over say the left side of a button versus the right side of the button, there's no way of doing that. An object only recognizes IF it's been hovered over, not where.

-Shane

Thanks for that info I think that is what I was looking for!

Rob

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum