height:249px;
overflow: scroll;
position: relative;
scrollbar-base-color:#FDC6CC;
text-align:right;
float:right;
}
but this gives me a scrollbar both on the left and bottom -
How can I force a scrollbar only on the left?

ahallicks
07-17-2007, 12:22 PM
overflow-y: scroll; will give you a scroll bar on the side and not the bottom? Not sure if the scroll-bar styling works in any browser other than I.E

VIPStephan
07-17-2007, 12:23 PM
overflow: auto; usually makes a vertical scrollbar appear. Horizontal only appears if the content is too wide and canít wrap.
However, the scrollbar will appear on the right, not on the left.

ahallicks
07-17-2007, 12:26 PM
overflow: auto; usually makes a vertical scrollbar appear. Horizontal only appears if the content is too wide and canít wrap.
However, the scrollbar will appear on the right, not on the left.

Hmmm... I have a feeling that, in IE at least, a scroll bar will appear on both the bottom and right when you use overflow: auto; even when there is no content to need a x-scroll, but don't quote me on that.

esthera
07-17-2007, 03:09 PM
thanks -- how do I get the scrollbar color to show in firefox also?

VIPStephan
07-17-2007, 03:25 PM
thanks -- how do I get the scrollbar color to show in firefox also?

Impossible. Forget it right away. No browser allows that except IE. And stay away from doing that in IE as well. Good website design is incorporating the standard scrollbars, not trying to make them match the design.
There arenít only IE and Firefox, you know? Thereís Opera, Konqueror and numerous other browsers. And there is not only Windows as well. On Appleís OSs the scrollbars look totally different, and there are also Safari, Camino and iCab browsers (among others).

So just forget that scrollbar thing. It will save you time and nerves.

Blekk
07-17-2007, 03:58 PM
True but it is not only IE that it works for, it also works for the best browser...Opera.

VIPStephan
07-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Not on my Mac. And support in Opera is limited as well. Works only for the bpdy element and in quirks mode from what Iíve read. Not the best choice if you ask me.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum