View Full Version : Empty GET variables (PHP + JS)

KillaH425
07-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi,

I have a search form that uses get variables, and will not use post variables, and I have some optional options that still pass empty variables. The search form is located at http://www.rentalnook.com/search.php. If you click advanced options you will see the drop downs that I have, and I want to make it so that I can unset the get variables when the form is submitted. I know this is possible because I already have a PHP function that a.) takes all the GET variables and echos them (for links) and b.) unsets any GET variable. The problem is the JavaScript part, because there isn't a Javascript equivalent to this function because of the necessary server-side functions and variables. I was thinking that I make a javascript function that checked blank values for those drop down boxes and either a.) manually "submitted" the form, by taking every non-blank variable and just do a location.href='results.php?firstvar=1...' or b.) call that function before the submit button somehow. But I would need to take variables from Javascript to PHP easily. That is what I feel would be the easiest, and most efficient way. aThanks for any help.

mcjwb
07-13-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't understand what you are trying to achieve, is it some kind of form validation?

There is an "onsubmit" attribute for a form that is used to call a javascript function. This function can do anything you like and then decide whether of not to actually send the form or not. Is this what you're after?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum