View Full Version : Update a Record using Dreamweaver

Snitz
07-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Hello there, I recently started using the server behaviors in Dreamweaver but I'm stuck at something, I'm not being able to update a record using it.

I have created a master details page showing all the rows from my mysql DB, and I have created a detailed page showing the info of a record, now I'm trying to create an update record page to be able to update the record but I'm not succeeding, can anyone help me in this please.

StupidRalph
07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Well it depends on which version of Dreamweaver you're using. I know the older versions such as MX and maybe even 2004 didn't have that much PHP support. But from what I remember to create an UPDATE page. You'd simply create a form with the fields that you'd want to update. Afterwards, you would go to Insert > Application Objects > Update Record. Then you'd choose your Recordset and select the type of fields for each form element.

Snitz
07-12-2007, 02:19 PM
I did so and it didn't work. What I want to do is create a link from the master details page that says "Edit" and when I click on the link, it would take me to the update page of a chosen recordID. And that is not working.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum