View Full Version : Layout Reviews

07-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Ok people this is my very first site, still in a very beta stage as well :eek: . Please be honest with your reviews; from head to tail.

07-09-2007, 03:59 PM
erm.... generally it seems to be ok...

1. get rid of the horizontal scroll bar... it doesn't need to be there

that's it really.

07-09-2007, 04:02 PM
you mean overflow-x or -y? oh man I always find a bug at those stuff...but i'll try
tried overflow-y and did something better!

07-09-2007, 04:12 PM
I dont like the way the entire navigation bar flickers when you scroll over the links.

add a top margin to give some air around the site.

I would also lose the scrolling and add overflow: auto to your style in your main content - it will remove the greyed out scroll bars and add them when needed.

Now lets see some content and imagery!

Karen S. Garvin
07-09-2007, 04:25 PM
I surf with Firefox and have the NoScript plug-in. I have to allow JavaScripts. That said, the first thing I saw when I went in without JavaScript turned on was a box with text, a scroll bar, and a logo. My thought was “what is this?” because there were no links or anything. Then I remembered to allow JavaScript.

I actually like the JavaScript effect you have there -- it's not too flashy but adds a nice touch to the menu. But you might want to consider adding something to your site to detect if a browser has JavaScript turned off, and if so, either prompt the user to turn it on, or offer an alternative menu that does not use JavaScript.

07-09-2007, 08:14 PM
An update: All of your suggestions are now there! And I added a background on the whole page . . .