View Full Version : Tighten Up!

smilinjack
07-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Greetings,
The code at: www.delishowcases.com/35doubleduty.html (http://www.delishowcases.com/35doubleduty.html) was given to me by permission to do
some alterations on.
Having trouble with the uniformity of the individual sections.
For instance: the distance between: "Red Meat" and the sizing/Pricing should be closer together.
Everything should conform th the first seleciton at the top: "DELI".
I'm begining to think I should have started from scratch on this but I'm to far into this and other pages.
$Compensation$ certainly considered for quick fix.

Best regards,
Jack :D :D :D

VIPStephan
07-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah, you should really start from scratch because even for a million dollars there’s no “quick fix”, I guess. Since it’s done with a rigid table structure it’s hard to change the layout without going crazy.

However, it seems like recoding it with valid and semantic HTML and CSS wouldn’t be a hard job. This might even be done quicker than fixing the issues you mentioned.

Rachy06
07-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Yep, i'm currently doing this for jack, and i tell you, there is no quick fix. I'm having to recode the entire page, from scratch with css and html. Taking bloody ages.

VIPStephan
07-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Oh boy! Poor you… how did you get into this? Is that some kind of punishment? :D
While you’re at it could you also please get rid of those annoying blinking images? They are really scary.

Rachy06
07-17-2007, 01:19 AM
I've given up on this one, he basically wanted it to look exactly the same, but slightly more ordered. he offered $60, wasted 2 days of my time, then told me i wasn't good enough. Stupid fool....... Well i hope his page stays a mess for ever. serves him right for editing it in microsoft ****ing publisher....

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum