View Full Version : How can I use .htaccess to force orphan pages to load with a different url?

trimidium
07-06-2007, 06:30 PM
I use AJAX to load my pages into an iframe. You can get to them directly by putting the variables for the sections i am replacing. So if you go to www.thesmartass.info and click on games and then sega you will get to a sega genesis page. However I want people to be able to directly link to the page by going to www.themsartass.info/sega. I have setup my htaccess file to propertly redirect that page to load my content inside of the iframe. This works great but when a search engine sees my loose php pages it can load them directly. I want to force the referrer that loads those pages to come from my main page or rather make anybody who loads a loose page without my ajax or php load is forced to /sega or something instead.

sega.php loads by itselt, then reloads itself as www.thesmartass.info/sega .

if the request comes from either javascript that links to: <a href=javascript:ahah('games/loadsega.php);> or thesmartass.info/sega it will not redirect them.

Due to the nature of the ahah script I use I cannot use a javascript solution to do this since my javascript can't reparse javascript when it loads new content.

I can make .htaccess redirect one page to another page but I am unsure how to tell it to check to see if the referral came from my index page. I also need to ensure that nobody can link directly to my iframes without it forcing them to see entire page.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum