View Full Version : Resolution mayhem

AndyArmstrong
07-06-2007, 11:45 AM
If you head to http://www.new.3genergi.co.uk

username:newsite
password:123newsite

If your monitor is set to 1280x1024 the site displays nicely, all set out fairly neatly. Any resolution other than that and the site begins to look a mess.

I am not sure what I am missing or why the site is best viewed at this resolution - but i need it to be more scalable. Can anybody offer any advice on getting the site to accomodate more resolutions.

Cheers,

Andy

effpeetee
07-06-2007, 03:13 PM
If you head to http://www.new.3genergi.co.uk

username:newsite
password:123newsite

If your monitor is set to 1280x1024 the site displays nicely, all set out fairly neatly. Any resolution other than that and the site begins to look a mess.

I am not sure what I am missing or why the site is best viewed at this resolution - but i need it to be more scalable. Can anybody offer any advice on getting the site to accomodate more resolutions.

Cheers,

Andy
I get a password request panel. But it is neatly in the centre of the monitor.

Set to 1024x728 - Vista Business - IE7.

Frank.

By the way, it is a good idea to state the Browser you are using.

effpeetee

Frank

AndyArmstrong
07-06-2007, 03:17 PM
thats why i supplied the username and password.... I am tlaking about the content held behind the username and password. I am not asking how it displays for you - but how to fix the way it looks on anything under 1280x1024

effpeetee
07-06-2007, 04:34 PM
thats why i supplied the username and password.... I am tlaking about the content held behind the username and password. I am not asking how it displays for you - but how to fix the way it looks on anything under 1280x1024
Sorry Andy,

I missed them,

Display looks very messy with IE7. Too wide a header and overlaying on the left side.
Firefox looks tidier and so does Opera, but they differ one from the other.

As I do not know which one is correct, I cannot go further, but I know that IE7 does have some problems and often needs special treatrment.

1024x728

At 1280x1024 I still get some overlay at the left hand side.

Frank

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum