View Full Version : CSS Used to make styled buttons like these?

07-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Hello, I apologize if this is a basic question but I am quite new to CSS.

Could someone please just take a quick look at http://jyte.com/ and tell me what those buttons are called so I can go about finding a tutorial on how to create them. It looks like a basic rollover, but it also has some backend functionality built into it. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.


07-04-2007, 11:12 AM
If it's those buttons under "recent claims" you're referring to, they're images made in an image program. When you hover them, they change look. This is done by specifying a new background under the pseudo class: hover.

I would suppose the backend functionality is done with javascript or PHP. Can't help you with that though.

07-04-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm thinking right of the bat here, but I think you could probably do something with that using CSS, using psudeo elements and such. Although on :hover, you would probably have to edit the height, that might cause the entire page to jump about.

Though, you could set the height first.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum