View Full Version : page craching in ie

esthera
07-02-2007, 05:51 AM
http://www.posit ivew ork sho ps.com/page.asp?id=8 is making ie close --
why would this happen?

felgall
07-02-2007, 07:31 AM
The problem is somewhere in the ASP code in the page.asp file. Try asking in the ASP forum and post the code from that file.

esthera
07-02-2007, 07:38 AM
but the same asp page is used to view the other pages and they work fine - so I think it has something to do with the html on the page. though I have never seen something like this before where the browser crashes.

felgall
07-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Without seeing the ASP code that is generating the HTML in that situation it will be impossible to work out as there is no way of viewing the generated HTML as the browser crashes before the HTML is able to be loaded to the stage where it can be viewed.

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-02-2007, 06:33 PM
It helps to tell us which version of IE it crashes in. I just tested the page in IE7 and it doesn't crash. I tested it in IE6 and it does crash. Are you using a standalone version of IE6? If so I think it might be because IE6 can't handle .htc files correctly.

esthera
07-02-2007, 06:35 PM
sorry it is ie 6 but seems to be working on all pages but that one and all are using htc.
is there any fix for this?

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-02-2007, 07:19 PM
I don't know. What exactly have you tried? Have you tried debugging anything yourself or were you expecting someone to just give you the answer when we have no idea what your code is actually doing. Start commenting things out until it doesn't crash anymore.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum