View Full Version : the future of python

velious
07-01-2007, 07:06 AM
This lang doesn't have its own space here on the forum, unlike PHP, PERL, and others. I was wondering if Python is a dead language...

also

when printing a list in python, is it possible to take off the brackets and quotes that get printed along with it?..

Thanks

ralph l mayo
07-01-2007, 09:41 AM
There's a sub-forum for it under "Other server-side languages"

It's not dead, either. Seems like it's getting a lot of mileage as research & educational tool, and as a replacement for Perl in shell scripts. It's also very fast under mod_python and getting some traction as a platform for desktop apps.

As for printing the list unadorned, it seems you can do something like

print ' '.join(['some', 'array', 'here']) # => some array here

(Making join a member of string and not of array is one of the myriad little things that make it extremely aggravating for me to use python)

ghostdog74
07-02-2007, 03:07 AM
This lang doesn't have its own space here on the forum, unlike PHP, PERL, and others. I was wondering if Python is a dead language...

also

when printing a list in python, is it possible to take off the brackets and quotes that get printed along with it?..

Thanks

the way to print a list is to go through them in a loop.eg

for item in theList:
print item

and also the join method. If you don't see much Python activities here, doesn't mean its the same elsewhere. you can check out comp.lang.python.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum