View Full Version : Biz name..

12-19-2002, 11:44 PM
Hiya. I'm registering my business domain in a few days and I'm trying to think of a name..

I have currently M5 interactive this name is alright and still available as a .com, but I'm trying to think of something else that isn't taken (as a .com) and suits my logo.

Any suggestions?

12-20-2002, 12:22 AM
boy oh boy!

krycek thinks of all the countless hours spent fruitlessly searching domain lookups for good domains that are still unregistered :eek:

I have had enough trouble with this in the past to know that what you ask is not an easy task. Personally, I quite like your current name, and if it available, I say go for it :)

::] krycek [::

PS - the only thing I would not be sure about is whether your logo fits your name... however that is up to you ;)

12-20-2002, 06:39 AM
Some of those DNS have features where you enter a few words and it suggests a few hundred available. Try entering "green eye" and see what happens.:D

M5...This is Daystrom...:D

12-20-2002, 01:03 PM
I'm not sure if these are available but here goes the brain dump:

3netsolutions (internet, Intranet and extranet possibilities)
auswebdesigns (I like this one, not sure why but I do)

Good luck and keep us posted mate.

12-20-2002, 08:25 PM
how about PHpeeps (????)

We tend to think of these things as personal and who really knows if anyone else gets what we intended... for instance, "Pimpin' Benny Cigs" is the title of my new screenplay and the URL is www.C===3.com but would I have settled for dot-net? NO.

Mind you, when you click on the link above, its primary function is to allow the reading of my script and everything else is a visual distraction. I get so busy shooting local hoes and running the cams...

Back to YOU: I own a mobile detail service that uses a similar logo (the eye) and the name of my company is Vision Mobile -- I do custom autosound and wax a few jags here and there.

Though you may not now know PHP, tomorrow you may... and the world will follow the general concept as progressive programming "peeps." It's a ghetto term to be certain.

12-20-2002, 10:33 PM
I don't think the link in your post is suitable for these forums, because it links to adult material.

12-20-2002, 10:46 PM
Thanks krycek.. what the hell was I thinking? There's undeveloped minds in here.

12-20-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by PBCvegas
Thanks krycek.. what the hell was I thinking? There's undeveloped minds in here.

Thanks for editing your post. :)

It's not just the under-18s but also the fact that material like that could be offensive to anyone, whatever age. Oh, and I'm pretty sure it's against the TOS of these forums in any case :p

Like I said, thanks for editing it out ;) Enjoy your time here - we're a good bunch :D

12-21-2002, 03:57 AM
PHP? ASP all the way!
I think that I will be sticking to M5 interactive at least I know it will be available.

[edit]: Just got a thought after posting this..
I can pretty much have any domain I want if I get a .com.au

hmmm.... I think I will change the name after my 1 year free registration goes up in flames. I will change to VISION INTERACTIVE which I will register as well and have forwarding to www.m5interactive.com

12-21-2002, 12:02 PM
I am not really a fan of digits in a url... but that is just me...

12-22-2002, 12:19 PM
you need something that is spelt the same as it sounds.

12-22-2002, 02:01 PM
like 2advanced ? [http://www.2advanced.com]

12-22-2002, 02:55 PM
@Mhtml, 2advanced is at a class of its own... it is worth the effort to press the number 2 :)

It is the only site with a number that I have ever bothered typing a number for...

12-22-2002, 03:11 PM
I have to agree with you there.

12-23-2002, 02:31 PM
I get so busy shooting local hoes .......

excuse me??

12-23-2002, 03:29 PM
hmm... but im sure your site will be worth pressing a digit key for... :)

12-23-2002, 04:13 PM
His ideas sound kewl so far, so it could be...

Good luck MHtml... :)

12-26-2002, 10:12 PM
How about NEOmedia? What do you think of that?

12-27-2002, 12:38 PM
That sounds kewl... :)

I just found that www.isearch.com is available... hrmm... :)

12-27-2002, 01:24 PM
www.neomedia.com isn't available :( I checked it on a domain registrar and it said it was available and I have even purchased it but there is already a site at www.neomedia.com

I'm so [bad word goes here] ! I hope the give me a refund. :mad:

12-27-2002, 02:20 PM
Very odd Mhtml... I checked neomedia yesterday when I read this thread, and just about every possible suffix had been taken, so you must have used a bad registrar!

If in doubt, use WHOIS first. Go to nic.com etc.

12-27-2002, 02:38 PM
That's exactly what I did a few hours ago.

I have just fired off an email to the registration/host company to stop them from doing anything until I tell them. Even though they are not going to do anything until monday because that is when the money will go into there account.

I did a whois on the host/rego server and I believe that their last sync wasy a little before the domain was registered and thus I got in at a bad time because I try now and it is all gone except .us ... Now I am back to thinking of a new name.

12-27-2002, 05:35 PM
I haven't checked the date the domain was registered but I am sure it was unavailable quite some time ago, because I searched for it back in August when I thought of the name, and it was gone then.

The registrar should not have to sync because most query the WHOIS direct. There are simple PHP scripts you can use to do this.

I would complain bitterly to the registrar! :D (I mean, the company you used)