View Full Version : Help me-Problem in Tiff file uploadinng

atprashant
06-29-2007, 05:17 AM
I made a php script for uploading files. My script is working well for gif,jpg,png images but when i upload the tiff extension file and click on submit button, file does not upload and also no error display.................

please help what i do.......

felgall
06-29-2007, 05:37 AM
No reason why a tiff should upload any differently from any other file type. The only difference from gif, jpg, and png is that as far as the web is concerned a tif file is not an image format as the web only recognises 3 formats for images.

CFMaBiSmAd
06-29-2007, 03:55 PM
You would need to post your code (the form and the php form processing code) to get any specific help with it. Also tell us the file size of the file you are trying to upload.

TIFF files are typically very large. You are either running up against a file size constraint (either with the PHP settings or specific checking your code is doing), a file type check in your code that does not allow tiff, or a problem with a file type check in your code (the "type" data that the browser provides is different then what your code expects.)

If the file size is greater than the POST_MAX_SIZE setting, the $_FILES array will be empty ( isset($_FILES) will be false). The error checking, error reporting, and error recovery in your code should be testing for this. Also, the $_FILES['...']['error'] element indicates if an upload was successful or if it failed due to one of about 7 or 8 error conditions that your error checking, error reporting, and error recovery code should be testing before attempting to process the uploaded file.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum