View Full Version : HTML Email Validation

06-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey All,

I'm having some issues with creating HTML emails. Does someone recommend a good HTML email validator? I've been using DW validiting with XHTML 1.0 Transitional but ended up getting chewed out by my boss because it came up with no errors there, but then came up with a ton of errors under: http://validator.w3.org so now I'm back at square 1 trying to figure out how to successfully make an HTML Email that doesn't come up with a ton of errors. Any help on this one would be good.

06-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Well its not going to be fully valid as html emails are different. They can't have everything a normal html page would. For example, no doctype can be used, its likely going to have to be done in tables to keep its structure. Inline styles will need to be used. Some email clients don't even read styles. Tell your boss that this isn't a browser, its an email client. It can't be perfect. The best you can do to convince him its okay is get as many free email clients as you can then email yourself the html email and see how it looks in each client. If it looks somewhat the same then you are okay.

06-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the input.