View Full Version : Photoshop to CSS Question Con't

katie_lostsoul
06-26-2007, 05:03 PM
I posted here about moving templates from photoshop and incorporating them into CSS on a site.

I've completely re-done on side of my site with CSS: http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/MyTombRaiderStories.html

I want to turn this page: http://www.tombraiders.net/katie/index2.html into CSS as well, instead of just having to constantly update the image.

Can anyone please help?

kosstr12
06-26-2007, 05:11 PM
I dont quite understand what you are tryingf to do

goodespeler
06-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Basically, you want to convert (I'm guessing) the date portion of image to text so that you don't have to recreate the image every time. Right?

katie_lostsoul
06-26-2007, 05:21 PM
On my homepage, the huge image with updates, etc is an image. I want to be able to type it in like on my stories page.

In other words I want to get rid of having to update the image and be able to update like my other section. Was just wondering how I could do this with the current layout.

kosstr12
06-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Make the template without the text on it, then once you get it up on your site use css positioning to get in the right place

katie_lostsoul
06-26-2007, 06:19 PM
See that's where I get lost :P

kosstr12
06-26-2007, 06:29 PM
just all the text that you currently have on there off

fl00d
06-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Create a division (div id="name-here"), then for that division use that image as the background. Then you can type and edit it through the HTML page rather then having to open Photoshop and change the text and re-save.

Example code would be something like this:

CSS:

#main_body {
background: url('background_main.gif') <-- this sets the image as the background for that division
}

HTML:

<div id="main_body">Hello this is the main body</div>

Now the text "Hello this is the main body" would appear on top of the image. Generally, I create another division for the text, so I can give it margins and padding etc.

Hope this helped ;)

katie_lostsoul
06-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum