View Full Version : photo album (portfolio) soft

06-25-2007, 09:10 PM
i'm looking to improve the usability of my photography section in my website. well, not from a viewers point of view, but from my point of view, i.e, uploading photos and whatnot.

i would like to be able to have commenting and all.. but! i still want it to be simple and uncluttered as it is. can anyone advise on any good pre-built systems i can use, something that will be easy to wrap my current design around, as i spent a lot of time perfecting that.

i have tried building systems in php, but usually stopped halfway, because no kidding anyone, even a very simple is a big task, what with server side thumbnail generation and all.

any advice greatly appreciated.

06-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Coppermine is a good photo gallery. It allows you to put photos into categories and after clicking a photo the user will see the full sized image and they will be allowed to leave comments as well.

May want to look at www.hotscripts.com for some other premade galleries.

06-25-2007, 09:18 PM
thanks, but will it be easy to intergrate to my current design? i tried it with gallery2, but eventually gave up.

06-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Any premade script is probably going to take some work to integrate into your design. Nothing comes easy. If you are just going to give up then whats the point? As a last resort you could hire a professional to integrate your layout with a premade gallery.

06-25-2007, 09:57 PM
haha, naw, i'de rather code one myself (not to insult any pros) but my motto:

"if your gonna do a job, do the job right, if your gonna do the job right do the job yourself!