View Full Version : Suggestion needed

zduck
12-19-2002, 12:49 AM
Here is my website www.jdarc.com which is brand new and still being worked on but what I need to know is should I use frames or not for it. As you can see the navigation bar on the left has a large image as a backdrop. Right now I'm using iFrames. What would you do?

ACJavascript
12-19-2002, 01:46 AM
mmmm,, tuffy.. I would have to say just go with frames. More borwser support.

brothercake
12-19-2002, 05:39 AM
I wouldn't do either .. I stay as far away from frames and iframes as I can.

Do it with dynamic includes :)

tommysphone
12-19-2002, 02:06 PM
using layers, hide them until called. One page, and you're done. Well, there's a bit more to it than that but still, works for me.

zoobie
12-19-2002, 11:46 PM
The problem with toggling things on and off is that the code must, of course, still be in there...used or not.

I make my pages as tiny as possible concentrating on content rather than fancy layouts that bloat the code which slows loading and taxes the host. Remember...Chances are good that you have a limit to your bandwidth transfer. :D

Xphp->UG-S<-
12-20-2002, 02:52 AM
hmm instead of using an i frame you could a layer and some php but make the layer scroll on overflow so that your page to extend
so much i fu you don't support php than just make the layer on every page and for your menu use an include
if u need some help with the overflow scroll and php i can help you.! :thumbsup:
good luck

webmarkart
12-21-2002, 07:03 AM
I agree with brothercake... use dynamic include files. The problem with layers is that all of the layers load when the page if first brought up which could cause bandwith issues.

Mhtml
12-21-2002, 07:15 AM
I was under the impression that dynamic includes were impossible.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum