View Full Version : Dreamweaver & Mp3 files

Jonno
06-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post as a complete newbie to programming code in Dreamweaver.

My problem is this, i am building a website where i intend to have a range of Mp3 snippetts for anyone to play and download if they wish, what i have done so far works but only to play the file via a silly little player utility which i assume is a part of the program.

How can i get the default music player on a persons computer to play the file and also how would they be able to download them if they wished.

If someone has a simple answer a newbie could understand it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Jonno

saeed
06-16-2007, 01:41 PM
hello,
u need to upload those files and provide a hyperlink in your webpage ... through which user can download it.

For playing mp3 files on your webpage ... have a look here (http://www.*******************/?item=Flash+Mp3+Player)

ATB :thumbsup:

Saeed

Jonno
06-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks for reply saeed, now people can download the files :thumbsup:

The flash player looks good, but not quite sure if this is what i really want, i would prefer that any file opened is played in the default music player on a persons computer (Windows media/Quick Time etc.)

Regards

Jonno

CaptainB
06-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi there.

If you want the mp3 file to open and play in the users default sound player on his/her computer, you just need to provide a direct link to the mp3 song. Then when a user click the link his/her sound player will play it. And if they then think the song is good and want to save it, they can just choose "save" from the manu of their player - simple and easy :)

Jonno
06-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Oh so easy, why didnt i think of that, thanks for putting me right CaptainB.

best wishes

Jonno:)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum