View Full Version : How do Forum Companies make there own Forum?

pmpnpnk
06-14-2007, 01:31 AM
You know how there are Companies for different Forum? (VBulletin, phpbb, ext, ext)

Now how would you start a forum Buisness like that?

Like make the forum? Program or what?

Mike

pmpnpnk
06-14-2007, 01:52 AM
I registered, and Posted My Issue there, Thanx.

.:If anyone else can Help, please do.

Blaher
06-14-2007, 01:55 AM
You know how there are Companies for different Forum? (VBulletin, phpbb, ext, ext)

Now how would you start a forum Buisness like that?

Like make the forum? Program or what?

Mike
I think he's asking more specifically how they do it.
It takes a lot of hard work, time, coding, testing, bugging, and a lot of effort.
One person alone most of the times could never do a huge project like that, it takes team work and skill.

Most forums today are written in php, and some perl.

If you wanted to make your own forum system, I suggest you learn php http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp and it'll take some time before you can figure a way to make all the features and the way you code your project.
If you do want to get a design team to join you, I better suggest using sourceforge.net. A lot of great programmers willing to help you there or join in.

Len Whistler
06-14-2007, 05:43 AM
I would not recommend trying to create a forum. It's a lot of work and I doubt you could offer the support that phpBB does. Another good free forum is www.phorum.org also with good support.

You would have to have very good understanding of PHP and MySQL to create a forum. If you install phpBB and take a look at the MySQL tables you will see that it's not a job for a beginner.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum