View Full Version : Cdonts.newmail Corrupts attachments

j0nnyr0773n
06-10-2007, 03:26 AM
I have a webform to mail information and attachments. It sends the mail information from the form fields fine but the attachments end up very corrupted and can not be opened at all. Can anyone take a look here and point me in the right direction to what I'm doing wrong? Thank you much! :)

<%

Set cdomessage = Server.CreateObject("cdo.message")
'Upload the file
Set Upload = Server.CreateObject("Persits.Upload")
Upload.IgnoreNoPost = True
Count = Upload.SaveVirtual("../upload/")

'Write out the files uploaded for reference

For Each File in Upload.Files
fileName = File.ExtractFileName

'Start CDONTS
With CdoMessage
.From = Upload.Form("email")
.To = "email address"
.Subject = "Webform Inquiry"
.TextBody = "Name: " & Upload.form("fname") & vbCrLf & "Last Name: " & Upload.form("lname") & vbCrLf & "Company: " & Upload.form("company") & vbCrLf & "Trade: " & Upload.form("Trade") & vbCrLf & "Telephone: " & Upload.form("telephone") & vbCrLf & "Email: " & Upload.form("email") & vbCrLf & "Cell: " & Upload.form("cellphone") & vbCrLf & "Location: " & Upload.form("location") & vbCrLf & "Comments: " & Upload.form("Comments")
cdomessage.AttachFile Server.MapPath("../upload/") & "\" & fileName
bolAttachmentPosted = ("True")

cdomessage.BodyFormat = 0 ' CdoBodyFormatHTML
cdomessage.MailFormat = 0 ' CdoMailFormatMime
'
cdomessage.Send
Set cdomessage = Nothing

'For Each File in Upload.Files
FilePathOnServer= Server.MapPath("../upload/")
FileToDelete = FilePathOnServer & "\" & fileName

if bolAttachmentPosted =("True") then
Dim FSO
'Create a File System Object
Set FSO = server.CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
'Delete the file from the server
FSO.DeleteFile FileToDelete
'Destroy the object
Set FSO = Nothing
end if

end
Response.redirect "success.htm"

%>

miranda
06-15-2007, 05:17 PM
CDONTS (Collaboration Data Objects for NT) has been Depricated!!! In other words it is not used anymore. CDOSYS is the replacement. In fact The last OS to include CDONTS was Win2k and that was just so people who used it didn't have their code stop working because the replacement was also shipped with Win2K. after that it was not even included. This is a good thing because CDONTS had a lot of bugs and security issues which were fixed with CDOSYS.

First , you are mixing code that was used by CDONTS and not by CDOSYS. You have the correct object declared For CDOSYS but these 3 lines are from CDONTS

cdomessage.AttachFile Server.MapPath("../upload/") & "\" & fileName
cdomessage.BodyFormat = 0 ' CdoBodyFormatHTML
cdomessage.MailFormat = 0 ' CdoMailFormatMime

Use this instead Note I have abbreviated this to only show the relevant CDO code

Set oCDO = Server.CreateObject("cdo.message")
With oCDO
.To = "someone@someisp.com"
.TextBody = "Your message" 'used to send as plain ascii text
'.HTMLBody is used to send as html formatted mail
.AddAttachment Server.MapPath("../upload/") & "\" & fileName
.Send()
End With
Set oCDO = Nothing

j0nnyr0773n
06-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Thank you very much for pointing that out. It seems to work without errors now with the exception that I never receive any mail. I have assumed that I need to put in the web host's smtp server somewhere in this code, here is what I did, I obviously am doing something wrong. Thanks again.

I put this in between the upload section and them mailing section:

Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

With cdoConfig.Fields

.Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2 ' cdoSendUsingPort

.Item(sch & "smtpserver") = "relay-hosting.secureserver.net"

.update

End With

I've tried with and without this code and cannot get any emails. Even when I comment out the .AddAttachment line I cannot receive the text mail.

miranda
06-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Actually the only time you need to include the configuration settings is if the machine you are using is set so that you need them. This will vary dependant on your webhost.

j0nnyr0773n
06-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Ok thank you for that information. :) Do you see anything obvious in this script that is not allowing emails to send?

miranda
06-17-2007, 01:43 AM
First off, has your webhost disabled CDO? You can check that by doing a simple test of the object,

If IsObject(oCDO) Then Response.Write "CDO is Enabled"

Next check your to email address Like so
Response.Write "someone@someisp.com"

This will make sure that you have a good email address

If they are all good check your spam filters. Quite often spam filters will block the emails because the from address doesn't match the domain that the email is coming from. (only if the from address is not the same domain as the domain the page is on)

j0nnyr0773n
06-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Thank you so much for your help, it all works now. I am unsure why it wasn't working before, but I did the last suggestion to check if cdo is enabled and server says it is, I then tried to submit the form and viola! It works. Could I maybe trouble you once more to figure out how to remove the files from the upload folder once they have been emailed? Here's the code I was using but have commented it out for the time being.

FileToDelete = FilePathOnServer & "\" & fileName

if bolAttachmentPosted =("True") then
Dim FSO

Set FSO = server.CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

FSO.DeleteFile FileToDelete

Set FSO = Nothing
end if

Oh and one more thing, it's not a huge deal but I wouldn't mind fixing this if it's fairly simple... I am receiving 2 emails everytime the form is submitted with more than one attachment. I'd love to fix it so it's just one email with 2 attachments instead of 2 emails with one attachment each. Thanks again :)

miranda
06-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok first look where you have your loop.

'Start CDOSYS
With CdoMessage
......snip
Next

In the above code you say that for each file to send you an email. To make it so that all attachments are included in one email simply move the code around a little so that you are sending one email. after you have sent the email , you can delete the files by running another loop and calling the DeleteFile method of the Upload object

'Upload the file

'Start CDO
Set oCdo = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
With oCdo
.To = "email address"
.TextBody = "Name: " & Upload.form("fname") & vbCrLf & "Last Name: " & Upload.form("lname") & vbCrLf & "Company: " & Upload.form("company") & vbCrLf & "Trade: " & Upload.form("Trade") & vbCrLf & "Telephone: " & Upload.form("telephone") & vbCrLf & "Email: " & Upload.form("email") & vbCrLf & "Cell: " & Upload.form("cellphone") & vbCrLf & "Location: " & Upload.form("location") & vbCrLf & "Comments: " & Upload.form("Comments")
Next
.Send()
End With
Set oCdo = Nothing

'delete the files from the server
For Each Item in Upload.Files
Upload.DeleteFile FilePathOnServer & "\" & Item
Next
Set Upload = Nothing

j0nnyr0773n
06-18-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm sorry to keep dragging this on but I am having difficulty still getting only one email. I understand why I am getting two but don't quite understand where to put the code you suggested moving around in order to only get one email here's what I put:

<%

With CdoMessage
Next

With oCDO

.To = "webform@selfcenteredproductions.net"
.TextBody = "Name: " & Upload.form("firstname") & vbCrLf & "Last Name: " & Upload.form("lastname") & vbCrLf & "Company: " & Upload.form("company") & vbCrLf & "Trade: " & Upload.form("Trade") & vbCrLf & "Telephone: " & Upload.form("telephone") & vbCrLf & "Email: " & Upload.form("email") & vbCrLf & "Cell: " & Upload.form("cellphone") & vbCrLf & "Location: " & Upload.form("location") & vbCrLf & "Comments: " & Upload.form("Comments")
.Send()
End With
Set oCDO = Nothing

next

%>

miranda
06-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Use this code exactly as you see it. don't move the For Each/Next Loop. It needs to be inside the With Statement.

<%

With oCDO
.TextBody = "Name: " & Upload.form("firstname") & vbCrLf & "Last Name: " & Upload.form("lastname") & vbCrLf & "Company: " & Upload.form("company") & vbCrLf & "Trade: " & Upload.form("Trade") & vbCrLf & "Telephone: " & Upload.form("telephone") & vbCrLf & "Email: " & Upload.form("email") & vbCrLf & "Cell: " & Upload.form("cellphone") & vbCrLf & "Location: " & Upload.form("location") & vbCrLf & "Comments: " & Upload.form("Comments")
' Loop through and get each file
Next
.Send()
End With
Set oCDO = Nothing

next
%>

PS use code tags so that people can see your indenting.

j0nnyr0773n
06-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Hello and Thank You so much for your help and patience with me :) It works great now. I do get an error saying that the server doesn't support that object for the delete files code, but I can live with emptying the upload folder every so often. Here is the full working code for others who may need it, keep in mind I have the delete files from server area commented out but am leaving it there for others. Thanks again.

<%

With oCDO

Next
.Send()
End With
Set oCDO = Nothing

%>

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum