...

View Full Version : Embedding .swf files in site



jml00a
06-07-2007, 04:59 AM
Hey guys I'm trying how some new things on a website and one of them is inserting flash into my website. I was wondering if you guys could take a look at some source for me and see if you can find out what's wrong. The problem I'm having is that while previewing the page on my PC I can see all the .swf files just fine but upon posting it to a server nothing. I got the .flv working but can't get .swf working. The website is www.iassist.org. The problem I think I may be running into is I took this from FP2003 to DW and something just might not be lining up. I'd really appreciate your help on this as I'm still pretty new to this. Thanks in advance and sorry for any stupid errors heh. Again the site is www.iassist.org

_Aerospace_Eng_
06-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Did you upload the file called AC_RunActiveContent.js to the folder named Scripts? It doesn't appear that you have.

jml00a
06-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Yeah I have that in my Scripts folder. Thank you for the reply though. Much appreciated.

_Aerospace_Eng_
06-07-2007, 07:19 PM
No it doesn't appear that you do. Look this is where the script file should be

http://www.iassist.org/Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js
but its not there. You need to actually upload the file.

jml00a
06-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Hey man thank you so much for making me double check that! Had it sitting in the wrong place!! You da man!!!! /cheer

xanti
06-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm having similar problems, but in my case the AC_ActiveX.js and AC_RunActiveContent.js files ARE uploaded. First I tried putting them in my usual javascripts folder (with appropriate redirections in URLs). Then when that didn't work, I reverted to the Scripts folder where DW CS3 created them (again checking js file calls in the header section were addressed OK).

However, wherever I put the .js files, IE can't seem to see the .swf files, so for the moment I've had to remove the AC_AX_RunContent code and revert to IE users having to click the Flash files in order to activate them, which is pretty unsatisfactory. (@!*<?! IE ... of course the pages work fine in any other browser I've tried ...)

I'd be very grateful if someone could spot my problem, because so far this has happened with every single page I've updated with AC_AX_RunContent code since upgrading to DW CS3 (which will insert it automatically when the files are opened). Not one displays the active content, whether that's .swf files I've generated or things like YouTube videos I've embedded.

Page with AC_AX_RunContent code which doesn't display (http://www.smeddum.net/work_in_progress/damhead_nursery/index2.html) .swf files in IE
Page without code which displays OK (http://www.smeddum.net/work_in_progress/damhead_nursery/index.html)



EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum