View Full Version : Hey Im New

Isomerizer
06-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Hey all, Im new to these forums, and was wanting to learn and improve my coding skills.

Atm i can code simple html / php / sql

Only simple tho, Ive been learning slowly for about 1 year now and im currently owning 2 sites.

Any opions on what i should do now?

Thanks

-Isomerizer :)

kewlceo
06-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Welcome to coding forums!

As to what to do next, it's hard to say unless you share what you've done so far (with a link, that is). How are your CSS skills?

Isomerizer
06-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Welcome to coding forums!

As to what to do next, it's hard to say unless you share what you've done so far (with a link, that is). How are your CSS skills?

Not so good im afraid, Never really got into CSS.

Well my links wont make you see my coding skills any differently, Seeing as there both templates smf and av arcade, both modified tho.

www.you-cheat.com
www.freakaddict.com

Ive been learning on and off, Learn something forget it a week later :S

oracleguy
06-06-2007, 12:23 AM
I'd suggest getting comfortable with CSS, these days it is a necessity.

Isomerizer
06-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Thank you, i'll start to get comfortable with CSS, Any good ways to start learning? Any really good tutorials for a noobie :P

cocoonfx
06-06-2007, 01:12 AM
I am new myself (commerically) i found learning CSS an absolute must as it tackles and controls so many aspects of a site. It also makes the design of the site so much easier to manage. A good mag to subscribe to is .net which seems to have loads of tutorials on CSS, and i found they explain things alot better than any book.

I also am learning Java at the moment, not so much the webside of things but more the application side to help support the possiblities of Content Management Tools and other off line content.

Flash is another string to your bow, as you can add great looking animation and other funtions to your site. However Flash is difficult to get recognised in the search engines.

And finally get to grips with PHP, as this to me was the real gate way for real money earners. (I have not sold anything yet but the potential is there).

Ramble over.

kewlceo
06-06-2007, 02:05 AM
Thank you, i'll start to get comfortable with CSS, Any good ways to start learning? Any really good tutorials for a noobie :P

Checked out your links, thanks. Looks like you already have an eye for design, so learning to style your pages with CSS will be something you'll really have fun with. Getting started is easy. CSS at the entry level is a piece of cake (the harder stuff comes later as your designs become more complex and you strive to make your pages look consistent over many different browser engines).

Although there are better tut sites, I like to recommend W3schools as a starting point for CSS. It's free, there's no signing up, and you can take a quiz to test your knowledge along the way.

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_intro.asp

Cheers,

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum