View Full Version : The best online tutorials for web design and programming?

xKratosx
06-05-2007, 10:37 AM
ASP, PHP, Ajax, SQL, Photoshop etc are the things I'm looking at mostly, I'm already alright with XHTML, CSS, Dreamweaver (if it ever came to that :P) and Fireworks but feel like I need to expand my knowledge quite a bit.

Any other technologies I've missed out?

Preferably something that'll take me pretty much from the start but maybe help me work up to something worthwhile, ASP and PHP I've dabbled with, Photoshop I found to be rather time consuming so didn't spend long on it and Ajax/SQL I've barely any experiences of.

* For example *
One thing I'd like to try out is editing text within a database in real time, which I'm almost certain requires the use of Ajax. Basically, you have a list of text fields, all displaying things from a database, you can click on the text field and it'll turn into an editable text box, you click outside the box and it automatically updates in the database, likewise a delete button, press it, brings up a confirmation, hit yes and it deletes that record without having to be transferred to another page.

Daniel Israel
06-05-2007, 06:18 PM
ASP, PHP, Ajax, SQL, Photoshop etc are the things I'm looking at mostly, I'm already alright with XHTML, CSS, Dreamweaver (if it ever came to that :P) and Fireworks but feel like I need to expand my knowledge quite a bit.

Any other technologies I've missed out?

Preferably something that'll take me pretty much from the start but maybe help me work up to something worthwhile, ASP and PHP I've dabbled with, Photoshop I found to be rather time consuming so didn't spend long on it and Ajax/SQL I've barely any experiences of.

* For example *
One thing I'd like to try out is editing text within a database in real time, which I'm almost certain requires the use of Ajax. Basically, you have a list of text fields, all displaying things from a database, you can click on the text field and it'll turn into an editable text box, you click outside the box and it automatically updates in the database, likewise a delete button, press it, brings up a confirmation, hit yes and it deletes that record without having to be transferred to another page.

Check out http://www.w3schools.com/ as they have several of these online tutorials. It's a good place to get the basics.

abduraooft
06-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Basically, you have a list of text fields, all displaying things from a database, you can click on the text field and it'll turn into an editable text box, you click outside the box and it automatically updates in the database, likewise a delete button, press it, brings up a confirmation, hit yes and it deletes that record without having to be transferred to another page.

Here is an Ajax Grid

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/2943.html

kewlceo
06-06-2007, 08:11 AM
You might also want to check out Lynda.com (http://www.lynda.com/) as they have over 20,000 online training videos (with more than 2,000 of those for free).

ASP, PHP, AJAX, MySQL, Photoshop (plus all the others you mentioned) are covered.

HTH,

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum