View Full Version : 2 divs always same height

06-03-2007, 03:05 AM
Hey guys I have three different divs that will be flush up against each other floating left. Is their any way that I can get div 2 and 3 to be the same height as div 1 no matter how much content I put in, without using height. I want it to be to where all you have to do is type the content, and all three divs adjust to the height of the biggest one.

P.S. I am really trying to stay away from tables, due to all the bad things I have heard about them. Would this be a good case to use tables though?

06-03-2007, 03:40 AM
What type of layout is it? Is it a fixed width layout or a fluid layout? Either way you will have to use the faux columns (http://www.alistapart.com/articles/fauxcolumns/) technique.

06-03-2007, 04:09 AM
I'm using floats, but from what I see thats to make both divs the full length of the page. I want to make the two divs to stay the same even if they are only about a hundred pixels in height do to the amount of text.
Example: Your box is the same as the one height as the one next to it, even though that it has more text than the one next to it. Is there a way I can use the fluax method for this in divs?

thanks again,

06-03-2007, 04:16 AM
Its not to make them the full length of the page. The gist of that effect is you use a repeating background image on the container to make the left column appear the same height as the content.