View Full Version : This forum is so great!

Mhtml
12-15-2002, 12:01 PM
I never actually thought about it untill just then, I have six weeks holidays off school. In those holidays I'm going to be spending almost all my time setting up my business I am registering as a Christmas present.

I estimate 90% of the time I am on my computer I will have this site in a browser window.

But my main point I'm coming to is that because of this site I have had access to some really well established coders which have helped me to learn ASP in an extremely short amount of time and thus giving me a big leg up in the Australian web-dev market.

Just thought I'd say thanks George! :thumbsup:

I'm sure these forums have done the same (maybe not with or just with asp) for heaps and heaps of people and thus I'm sure accomplishing their goal..

chrismiceli
12-15-2002, 04:05 PM
yes, this foum helped me learn javascript in a minimal amount of time. it really is great.

WA
12-16-2002, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the encouragement Mhtml! Glad you were able to find help, and kudos to all the great people who are volunterring to help out others here.

Borgtex
12-16-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by WA
kudos to all the great people who are volunterring to help out others here.

So what? you're not paid for that? I was waiting for a check, so I already spent the money! :D :D

ionsurge
12-16-2002, 06:13 AM
This place is great... I have no idea how many people helped me or how many people I have helped.

My post count has shot up since I joined, and each one was to help or a reply from a question I asked.

Wonderful place here... and I will stay here for a long time yet. :)

Great job WA.

Ionsurge.

wap3
12-16-2002, 04:24 PM
Could not agree more here with you guys. This forum is great. I have learnt so much from being here. I always try to reply to other people's problems if I can help. Because I know they will do the same if they can help me with my posts.

I have just re-designed a site which I just put up for review in the web dev section which makes use of php and mysql. And it is due to lots of people here that I got it working and accomplished my goal.

Well done everybody. Keep up the good work.

:thumbsup:

cg9com
12-16-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by wap3
I have learnt so much from being here
appearently not that much? ;) just teasing
indeed we all learn plenty from hanging out here, i know i do.

wap3
12-16-2002, 07:31 PM
?? :confused:

whats wrong ?? I spelt it correctly didn't I ??

:)

brothercake
12-16-2002, 07:35 PM
"learnt" is perfectly correct in English .. but I'm not sure if it is in American "english" :p You wouldn't believe how hard it is to remember to write "colour" in my text but "color" in my code!

wap3
12-16-2002, 07:38 PM
lol

:p

chrismiceli
12-17-2002, 12:40 AM
brothercake you beat me too it. learnt is the past participle of learn, i have learnt, so as is built, he has built many houses. and i do use colour sometimes in my code :). english rules.

Mhtml
12-17-2002, 02:10 AM
On the subject of language here.. Do you American people actually call a tap faucet? And a frying pan skillet?

Here in Australia we just call the frying pan "metal thingy you can fry stuff in." And the tap "metal thingy you can get water from".
:D:D

chrismiceli
12-17-2002, 03:40 AM
here is how i use them.
webser: faucet - : a fixture for drawing or regulating the flow of liquid especially from a pipe.
yes, that is about how we use it,
webser: skillet - :
Main Entry: skil·let
Pronunciation: 'ski-l&t
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English skelet
Date: 15th century
1 chiefly British : a small kettle or pot usually having three or four often long feet and used for cooking on the hearth
2 : FRYING PAN
couldn't say it better :thumbsup:

ionsurge
12-17-2002, 07:10 AM
The phpbb forums have a whole thread dedicated to praises... and they made it sticky too.

:)

Just a thought :D

Ionsurge.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum