View Full Version : DTD question

krycek
12-15-2002, 01:05 AM
hehheh, sort of carrying on from beetle's thread about DTD's, I have an ickle question (very specific hence new thread):

You know the link stuff you can do in CSS; for instance a:link, a:visited, a:hover and a:active...?

Well, I want to add some more states: normal, over, down and downover are my needs however over = hover and normal = link.

Therefore I just need to add the down and downover attributes... any idea how? See, it's not just like adding a tag attribute to a DTD is it? (Hence new thread) I need to have some JavaScript in there somewhere, to tell when the mouse button is pressed down.

I can do the code to change the states, and detect the mouse button, that is dead easy, basic coding. However, so far my feeble attempts to add this to a DTD so that I can use a:down has caused some problems!

I have been trying to wade through some of the very interesting code which jkd sent me on a related subject (thanks jkd - it's top work but I will probably take a while to figure it out! :D) however even though I think the method is similar I can;t work out how to do it.

Please can someone give me a tip? jkd... you could probably do this blindfold :) lol

Thanks peeps

::] krycek [::

jkd
12-15-2002, 02:09 AM
Custom tags is one thing, custom CSS is not.

No browser exposes any way of adding extra pseudo-classes via CSS. As a matter of fact, as far as I can tell it actually parses out anything it doesn't understand, which means implementing some Javascript to read rules wouldn't even be that effective.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum